View post (Drifting...)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/24/2007 10:25 pm
Yeah Griz, I am a firm believer in chasing the things that you want. There is nothing sadder than someone looking back with regrets later in life. You said it right in one of your earlier posts 'why not me'? I agree. There is no reason in the world 'why not' you. It seems when you talk to (or read about) people who achieved their dreams, they all share one commonality; belief. They have all held an unfailing belief in themselves and what they wanted to accomplish.

I have walked away from the things that I believed in over the course of my life many times, traded in a lot of dreams, for the security of a regular job and benefits. For the most part, I don't regret it. But there will always be that nagging voice in the back of my head that wonders 'what if'. That's a question I can't answer. (and don't believe for a second about job security in an office setting either - I have been laid off so many freakin' times, it's not funny)

The point to this rambling is this; trust and believe in yourself and ask yourself this one question. Are you willing to do whatever is neccessary to get to the place you want to be? Chase your dreams, you'll be much more satisfied if you do regardless of the outcome. And make 'why not me?' your rally cry.

Now, all I have to do is make my own course correction. I am a little tired of not living the life I feel I should. I'm the only one who can change that. Right?
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]