A romance story

earthman buck
earthman buck
03/20/2007 5:16 pm
In my writing class, we were told to write a story of a genre we normally wouldn't. Here's mine. It's not a complete story (and it never will be), but I think it's my best work yet.

--------

Kelsie closed her eyes and tossed back her hair. It was a beautiful day, and she was enjoying it immensely. This part of Windsor Hill was beautiful in the summertime. The grass was soft, the sun was warm, and the gentle trickling of the nearby Windsor Falls could be heard in the distance.

Kelsie was waiting for her lover, Roderick. They had to meet up here, on Windsor Hill, because their love was forbidden. Kelsie’s father was the town priest. He had once caught Roderick kissing Kelsie behind the old milk-shed, and had threatened to kill him if he ever came near her again. Alas, this only made the embers of their passion stronger.

Kelsie was still basking in the sensual glow of the sun when she heard rugged footsteps approaching. She turned and saw Roderick, barrel-chested and shirtless. He was carrying posies, as well as a gunnysack.

“My love!” she cried. Roderick approached and kissed her, handing her the posies as they did.

“I picked these for you, my sweet,” he said. “They are found only on the tallest mountain, and I traversed its rocky paths for you.”

“Oh Roderick! How ever did you make it?”

“I thought of you, my love, and how you would surely enjoy their scent…..as I enjoy yours.”

Kelsie swooned a little, and pulled him in for a second kiss. She ran her fingers through his lustrous blond hair.

The kiss continued and began to take on a life of its own. It grew into a powerful entity, sustained only by the lust of its creators. God help you! it seemed to cry. God help you if you think you can diminish my passion!

As Kelsie explored Roderick’s mouth with her tongue, she heard a twig snap. She pulled her mouth away from his, but he continued to kiss her neck.

“My dear,” she uttered in a hushed, frightened tone. “I think someone’s followed you!”

Roderick snapped his head in the forest’s direction. There was worry in his eyes.

“It must be your father.” Roderick picked up his gunnysack and pulled his musket from it. Kelsie’s eyes widened at the sight of it.

“Oh, Roderick, you mustn’t,” she pleaded. “You simply mustn’t.”

“And let our love be taken away? Never!”

He leaned forth and kissed her, rubbing the cool steel shaft of the musket on her neck.

“Shoot him if you must,” she whispered, tears in her eyes. “But if you do shoot, shoot to kill.”

Roderick copped a quick feel. “I always do,” he said.

And with that, he marched off into the forest.
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
03/20/2007 5:22 pm
I found it more satirical than anything else... I hope that's what I was suppose to get from it... haha. I laughed through most of it.

I think it was confirmed by the last part... haha
# 2
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/20/2007 6:12 pm
I started to get arouseD :p
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/20/2007 7:04 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI found it more satirical than anything else... I hope that's what I was suppose to get from it... haha. I laughed through most of it.

I think it was confirmed by the last part... haha

Haha, glad you caught that.
# 4
acapella
acapella
03/20/2007 7:11 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONEI started to get arouseD :p

This is why I invited you to my birthday party.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 5
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/21/2007 1:33 am
hahahah I loved all of the "my love"'s and "My dear"'s. it makes me want to vomit.

:) !!
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 6
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/21/2007 2:17 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckHaha, glad you caught that.

I caught it too. I'm SO busy, but I promise to TRY as best I can to come back with some feedback as to how you can satirize the genre more effectively.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 7
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/21/2007 5:06 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI caught it too. I'm SO busy, but I promise to TRY as best I can to come back with some feedback as to how you can satirize the genre more effectively.

I appreciate the thought, but you needn't bother. As long as we are constantly writing and give new things a try from time to time, our teacher is happy. I wrote this story to make myself laugh, and also to stop myself from surfing GT.

Stay tuned, everyone. Tomorrow I'm gonna write a western.
# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/21/2007 5:36 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckI appreciate the thought, but you needn't bother.

I need. Besides, they're skills to have for any satire in general.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 9
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/21/2007 11:01 am
Funny stuff! A nice satire of that particular genre. I practically spit up my coffee on the line about 'enjoying her scent..." That made me laugh. Nicely done. Looking forward to the Western! :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 10
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
03/21/2007 2:46 pm
I'm not going to lie, it made me giggle.

# 11
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/21/2007 4:25 pm
As they walked hand in hand across the medow of tall grass he couldnt help but think about her soft warm hand in his and how sweaty his palm was becoming.
He wanted to let go but she would know he was nervous and laugh at him as if he were a child. He wanted to lay down in the tall grass and make love to her right there but little insects would prevent that too. Damn he thought to himself. (Weee writing a story is fun)
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.