Dancing in the Forest Clearing by the Light of the Evening Sun

earthman buck
earthman buck
03/16/2007 8:19 pm
The link's in my signature.....I called it "By the Light of the Evening" on soundclick because the full name wouldn't fit. It's the one on top.
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/16/2007 8:26 pm
Pretty cool. Use the small clone for this one? Some overdubs with delay would be cool.

Will it be a knots tune eventually?
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
03/16/2007 8:59 pm
Nice riff and progression from the start - cool stuff, nice style - kind of retro while still being original. You planning on adding any other voicings or keeping it instrumental. I could imagine some nice subtle lead (nothing shreddy) with a very unique experimental tone adding a textured melody. Don't think it realy needs drums - but some electro percussion sounds (subtle ones like Orbital) could make those riffs sounds very cutting edge. Just imagining where things could go... what you planning to do with it?
# 3
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/16/2007 9:33 pm
Hey Mr. Ihateinstrumentals. Thats a killer instrumental if you ask me. Really painted a picture that could relate to the title. Enjoyed it muchly. Unlike anything I've heard really, so it was quite enjoyable.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 4
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/17/2007 4:48 am
Haha. Thanks, all.

Eric - I didn't use my Small Clone on this, but there may have been some light chorus on one of the tracks that I put on with my Micro BR. I really can't remember, I did this sort of instantaneously a few nights ago. And no, I doubt this will ever make it to Knotsdom. We're more loud than elegant. I am getting to the point where I'd like to maybe put out a CD of my non-worded songs, like all the ones I have on soundclick. You know, basically all the music I write that sounds too pretty for the Greasy Knots. Could be fun.

Superhuman - I don't know about adding a lead in there, but I may very well re-record it, so that each track is more distinct. I had it in my head but didn't want to forget it, so I recorded it pretty hastily and all the tracks use pretty much the same effect, which makes it hard to hear all of them. If I do redo it, I might play around with left-speaker right-speaker stuff and make the whole song build a lot more.

Grizzly - Thank you muchly, sir. For the record, I don't hate instrumentals. I just find a good chunk of them really boring. :)
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.