Okay all you electric guitar gals and guys listen up!

andrew3in1
andrew3in1
03/15/2007 2:18 am
:confused:

I was asked a question tonight by a mom who's daughter wants to learn to play the guitar I could not answer and I told her I would get back to her. here it is...

Is the Fender Squire Telecaster a good electric? Will it last a couple of years?

:confused:

Please help us Obi-Wan!
Andrew
[FONT=Arial]Sarcasm Just One Of
Our Free Services.[/FONT]
# 1
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/15/2007 2:31 am
Haven't played the Squier Telecaster but the Squier Strat is a good starter. Relatively inexpensive so if the kid ditches it, you're not out a butt load of money. But it plays decently for the price also. I've got a Squier Strat still lyin around and if I didn't abuse the tremolo horribly it would still be functional. So long as its not excessively beat on, it will last.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/15/2007 5:12 am
One of the guys on another forum that I frequent has a large collection of guitars, including several LPs and several Strats. He is quick to point out the Squier (remember how it's spelled!) is a great lineup. He has a bunch of 'em.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
ren
ren
03/15/2007 9:52 am
Yes... the squires are perfectly acceptable instruments. The 'Affinity' series are not quite so good, but the standards are nice...

It'll definitely last for years... My squire strat has taken some abuse over the years, but I think I've had it 10 or so years by now and it's as solid as ever...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.