View post (Loudspeakers)

View thread

Krunek
Krunek
03/13/2007 7:57 am
Hey fellas.Don"t know if this is the right place to post it, but if it is not, i am sure the mods will move it.Here is the deal.We are playing a lot of gigs in the open lately.So, the equipment we have now is too weak for that.It needs a little juice added, know what i mean?Now, I shall try to write it in some kind of technical terms, which I am bound to screw up, cause I have never been a technical type of guy...I can just hear what sounds good and what not.Hehe.
So, here goes.Bellow, we have a peavey bass bins...each loudspeaker has 2 15" basses in.On top of that we had two set of yamaha speakers, dunno which model, but it had a 15" midrange/bas (dunno) speaker and a tweeter above.But, we recently changed a keyboard player (smacked the sucker on a gig.Darn, was he stupid.Boy, o boy.Long story.) he took a pair of those with him, leaving us with only one pair.Which is a bit weak.So, at a local music shop the guy offered us this...Bring in those yamaha"s, give me some cash and I will give you a LEM PFM 15.3 XL.I know the exact model, cause I wrote it down.Has two 15" and three tweeters, i think.So, anyone?Advices, comments?What do you think, fellas?