Loudspeakers

Krunek
Krunek
03/13/2007 7:57 am
Hey fellas.Don"t know if this is the right place to post it, but if it is not, i am sure the mods will move it.Here is the deal.We are playing a lot of gigs in the open lately.So, the equipment we have now is too weak for that.It needs a little juice added, know what i mean?Now, I shall try to write it in some kind of technical terms, which I am bound to screw up, cause I have never been a technical type of guy...I can just hear what sounds good and what not.Hehe.
So, here goes.Bellow, we have a peavey bass bins...each loudspeaker has 2 15" basses in.On top of that we had two set of yamaha speakers, dunno which model, but it had a 15" midrange/bas (dunno) speaker and a tweeter above.But, we recently changed a keyboard player (smacked the sucker on a gig.Darn, was he stupid.Boy, o boy.Long story.) he took a pair of those with him, leaving us with only one pair.Which is a bit weak.So, at a local music shop the guy offered us this...Bring in those yamaha"s, give me some cash and I will give you a LEM PFM 15.3 XL.I know the exact model, cause I wrote it down.Has two 15" and three tweeters, i think.So, anyone?Advices, comments?What do you think, fellas?
# 1
da_ardvark
da_ardvark
03/13/2007 7:55 pm
So musch of what you wrote is dependent on the condition of the yamaha cabs. What the power handling capacity of each are (peak and continuous)

I've never heard of that other brand you mentioned so I really can't comment.

One suggestion is to simple rent out some cabs and see how you like them. Test drive them so to speak. That way you're not parting out your dough without some objective data.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.