z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/13/2007 6:06 am

Price:$499
Pros: tone, ease of use
Cons: costs a few donuts, the rotary could be better

I believe Vox has a new model called the Tonelab LE but it is pretty much the same as this so you can use this review on the new model as well.
This is the best pedal investment I have made. That is good because it is also the most expensive!!
It has modulated effects- classic and stereo chorus/flanger/bi-chorus/duo-phase/tremolo/pitch shifter/rotary/modulated delay/filtron/talking modulation

for pedals it has-compressor/accoustic/vox wah/auto wah/uni-vibe/black and orange phase(hmmm I wonder what that is? mxr perhaps??)
octave/ring modulator

distortion pedals-treble boost/tube overdrive/super overdrive/boutique/fat distortion/orange distortion/fuzz /octafuzz

Delay pedals-echo plus/multi-head/analog/sweep delay/stereo delay/cross delay/tap delay/rythym delay/hold delay/reverse delay
Two kinds of reverb for each of these-plate/hall/chamber/spring/room/and a gated reverb
16 amp and cab models
This device is really easy to operate and it takes seconds to program a patch or it it can take you all day if your a total tweek. ;)
there is minimal scrolling, There are six chicken head knobs, one for each of these
pedal-amp-cab-modulation-delay-reverb when I turn a chicken head it changes the six smaller parameter knobs to work for that effect. If I turn the amp chicken head (or push the amp button) and select the amp I want, then the six parameters are operating gain-tube gain-eq-volume
if I turn the delay chicken head those same six parameter knobs now control-time-feedback-tone-ducking-mix...simple!! push write once, select location for patch, push write again and your done.
This pedal board has a preamp tube which gives this thing a warmth you will find in no other multi-effects pedal. Also there are two wah type(beautiful chrome!!) pedals that you can use for a wah and volume or you can use them to adjust parameters of i.e. delay or reverb level or any modulation for that matter.. Sweet. It is a bit on the spendy side but I think it is definately worth it. Blows the Boss GT-8 out of the water. It will do your metal but this thing really shines on vintage tones. If you are looking for a great multi for stage, this is it!! I use this to record as well but it does not have direct recording outlet, I use a stealth plug going from the output to the usb. ...the new LE model does have recording out option. It also has an insert loop for your other fav effects. The amp models are great as well. You can go on line and download patches at Tonelab group sites. It connects with your computer via a usb. You can also edit patches on your pc. It also comes with a gig bag. I give it a 5 out 5 stars 'cause I have have found none better in the multi-effects pedal board category.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
strat-man
strat-man
03/13/2007 9:22 pm
Awesome piece of kit dude, read some good stuff about these, could you answer me a couple of questions? Is is possible to run your guitar thru this thing without using the amp/cab modelling? (for when you just wanna hear your own amp and maybe use some of the effects), also, i notice it has a a/b channel switch, will it run 2 amps? and can you select seperate effects and/or amp/cab combinations for each channel? hope this makes sense! :confused: cheers for any help :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 2
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/13/2007 10:16 pm
yes on all counts except for the a/b switch...it will not i.e. have your mesa on channel A and your fender on channel B and so you can switch between your two amps....it is more of a stereo out. you can have different modeled amps for the A/B switch. I run two amps out of it all the time and it works great but I can't use two amps at a time and switch between the two with the A/B switch.... but you can use any amp/cab/effect combo on channel A and a different combo on channel B..if you want the amp and cab models off just push the corresponding button twice to turn them off..if you look at the bottom pic you can see it says s-r-v and then it also has a pic of four tubes and it says 6l6, it is cool to see the little tube pic in screen change when you switch from a fender with 2 6l6's to a marshall with 4 el34's :D
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 3
strat-man
strat-man
03/13/2007 11:21 pm
Thats cool, thanx for the info dude :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 4
markc2005
markc2005
03/14/2007 7:11 pm
hey awsome peice of gear i love my toneworks one with out the valve so i can only imagine how good this is.

would be cool if u post any good settings you find lol
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 5
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/18/2007 10:15 am
First the Floyd record, then the SG, and now this... *is consumed by jealousy* :D

I'll be keeping an eye out for one of those!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 6
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
03/30/2007 2:26 pm
Killer!! Man you are going to have tons of fun with the new SG and this multi affects....I went with the GNX4 by Digitech but they are all pretty similar. I went with mine after pricing individual pedals. You just cannot beat all the cool affects you get for the price. Have fun!
# 7
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
04/03/2007 4:22 am
I would like to hear the tone from that, it looks pretty sweet. First one I've seen with an actual tube... :cool:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.