One more album?

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
03/10/2007 5:53 am
Who would you most like to bring back by resurrection of deceased members or reassembled lineups for just one more album?

My first thought was Zeppelin, but then I thought of how much they covered in their career anyway...they had a good run.
So despite being a bit cleche, I gotta go with Jimi Hendrix. He only had about 4 years, and I liked where he was going with Band of Gypsies. I would've loved to hear a polished album from them.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/10/2007 6:41 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdWho would you most like to bring back by resurrection of deceased members or reassembled lineups for just one more album?

My first thought was Zeppelin, but then I thought of how much they covered in their career anyway...they had a good run.
So despite being a bit cleche, I gotta go with Jimi Hendrix. He only had about 4 years, and I liked where he was going with Band of Gypsies. I would've loved to hear a polished album from them.

This is one of the more excellent topics in this forum's history. It's a real thinker.

I dunno.......maybe the Doors. I think LA Woman was kind of a crappy send-off for them. It's my least favourite of all their albums.

Alice in Chains would probably be pretty good too, though. And if we're not excluding solo artists, I'd bring back Nick Drake. I didn't like his first two albums much, but his last one (Pink Moon) was genius.
# 2
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/10/2007 7:19 am
Jimi for sure ...SRV...Bonham... Bon Scott and Keith Moon hurt their respective bands with their loss.

but most of all>>>>>Randy Rhoads for sure!!!! he had alot more to give..
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 3
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/10/2007 11:11 am
I would have to say;;;;;;;;; Pink Floyd, due to shear genious.
I would also like to hear what Freddy Mercury fronting Queen one more time and see what he'd create given the chance.
One thing for sure is that both bands would bring some much needed variety to a somewhat stale recession of new releases that are missing currently.
Heard that Black Sabbath is about to release something with Dio back in front.
Hope it's good, Dio just ripped it up on "Heaven and Hell".
# 4
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/10/2007 12:43 pm
Originally Posted by: dvenetianI would have to say;;;;;;;;; Pink Floyd, due to shear genious.
I would also like to hear what Freddy Mercury fronting Queen one more time and see what he'd create given the chance.
One thing for sure is that both bands would bring some much needed variety to a somewhat stale recession of new releases that are missing currently.
Heard that Black Sabbath is about to release something with Dio back in front.
Hope it's good, Dio just ripped it up on "Heaven and Hell".

I agree with all three of those! With the Floyd album, I'd definitely want Roger back on board - Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell were great, but they were missing that characteristic Waters intensity.

If it was possible, I'd also like the original Mahavishnu Orchestra lineup create another album, or at least do a gig.

Also, Audioslave. Why did they have to break up just when they were starting to turn into an awesome band?

I've always wanted the Smashing Pumpkins to do another album, but I think that's actually happening already! :D

I'd be interested to see the Walker-Steer-Amott-whatever-the-drummer's-name-is lineup of Carcass get back together band make another album more in the vein of Heartwork. It might not be too well-received, given how many bands are ripping off their sound these days, but I still think they would do a decent job of it.

And one more: Portishead. Far too great a band to have such a small catalogue. More music, I say!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 5
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/10/2007 12:51 pm
Jimi, SRV, The Doors and Janis. I would love to have seen what they would have done with the changing times. I would like to have seen if Karen Carpenter would've eaten a sandwich and gone thrash metal as well :) .
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 6
clewnii
clewnii
03/10/2007 2:36 pm
Lynyrd Skynyrd
# 7
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/10/2007 7:02 pm
SRV.

Then again...if he hadn't died, we might have right now been making fun of him in open dicussion.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 8
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
03/10/2007 7:53 pm
Ahh yeah, I didn't think about Randy Rhoads. He was great, and definitely went too soon.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 9
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/10/2007 9:25 pm
a Beatles reunion tour would be nice..and an album, but just a tour would sell out everywhere twice.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 10
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/10/2007 9:51 pm
I'll third Rhoads, as well as Hendrix. And last but not least, Dime.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 11
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
03/11/2007 3:00 am
Nirvana.

If they would have kept going long enough to evolve I think it would have been really cool.

R.I.P. -Kurt Kobain
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock
# 12
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/11/2007 5:25 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdAhh yeah, I didn't think about Randy Rhoads. He was great, and definitely went too soon.

I think that I would prefer to hear Rhoads release a solo album or head up a band of unheard talent rather than playing under such a well recognized voice that steals the show and just becomes more wealthy because he has the power over the other's talents.
# 13
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/11/2007 1:19 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccAnd last but not least, Dime.

Rebel Meets Rebel – It's Dime Rex and Vinnie backing up David Allen Coe. If you haven't heard of this stuff already, you NEED this album.

I wish a lot of bands got to release one last album; Morphine, The Gits and a ton of unheard of acts.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 14
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/11/2007 2:59 pm
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovRebel Meets Rebel – It's Dime Rex and Vinnie backing up David Allen Coe. If you haven't heard of this stuff already, you NEED this album.

A lot of people didn't like it, but I thought they did a great job with it, I love the cd. I geuss its either take it, ot leave it. Then again, not everyone likes country either.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 15
iceandhotwax
iceandhotwax
03/11/2007 4:54 pm
i certainly would have like to seen where Randy Rhodes woulda gotten to, same with SRV
the dead resurection band...randy,cliff burton,eric carr, layne staley
# 16
strat-man
strat-man
03/11/2007 10:24 pm
For me, INXS with Michael Hutchence back up front, best live band i've ever seen, much better than they are on record, Hutch was an amazing front man and whatever genre people chose to place their music in, live, they're a full on rock band.
I'd also like to see Kurt Kobain resurected for another album, another life gone too soon :(

R.I.P Michael & Kurt
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 17
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/13/2007 3:38 am
I'm a Bon Scott loyalist. Where would we be today had he not died....Kinda weird how much that band really changed once Brian Johnson came on the scene. I do like Johnson also, but Bon was unbelievable and great.

RIP Bon.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 18
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/13/2007 2:30 pm
Originally Posted by: iceandhotwaxi certainly would have like to seen where Randy Rhodes woulda gotten to, same with SRV
the dead resurection band...randy,cliff burton,eric carr, layne staley
That would rock
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.