View post (One more album?)

View thread

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/10/2007 12:43 pm
Originally Posted by: dvenetianI would have to say;;;;;;;;; Pink Floyd, due to shear genious.
I would also like to hear what Freddy Mercury fronting Queen one more time and see what he'd create given the chance.
One thing for sure is that both bands would bring some much needed variety to a somewhat stale recession of new releases that are missing currently.
Heard that Black Sabbath is about to release something with Dio back in front.
Hope it's good, Dio just ripped it up on "Heaven and Hell".

I agree with all three of those! With the Floyd album, I'd definitely want Roger back on board - Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell were great, but they were missing that characteristic Waters intensity.

If it was possible, I'd also like the original Mahavishnu Orchestra lineup create another album, or at least do a gig.

Also, Audioslave. Why did they have to break up just when they were starting to turn into an awesome band?

I've always wanted the Smashing Pumpkins to do another album, but I think that's actually happening already! :D

I'd be interested to see the Walker-Steer-Amott-whatever-the-drummer's-name-is lineup of Carcass get back together band make another album more in the vein of Heartwork. It might not be too well-received, given how many bands are ripping off their sound these days, but I still think they would do a decent job of it.

And one more: Portishead. Far too great a band to have such a small catalogue. More music, I say!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>