I bought a pack of smokes

earthman buck
earthman buck
03/08/2007 8:10 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeSmoking doesn't make ya look cool either. When I see a girl smoke it grosses me out and I totally lose respect for her. Would'nt date a smoker either.

Well, for girls, yeah. Guys look cool when they smoke.
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/08/2007 10:21 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraSchmange, stop smoking, you tit.

Yeah... that's it for me. I just lit up another one with a beer and already feel nausious.

I quite back in 1983 cause I noticed I was coughing all the time.
The worst part was going to the movies. I was the only one in theatre who kept coughing.

One night I was lying in bed and couldn't stop my throat from tickling... couldn't get to sleep... so I got outa bed, grabbed my full pack of smokes and crushed em into a ball & threw em in the garbage. Then never had another one except for an occasional drag at parties.

Another thing I notice is these new smokes don't stay lit.
I sit em in the ashtray for a few minutes and they go out.

Weird how old habit come back though. I still hold my smokes the same way and worry about my fingers turning yellow..

Smoking sucks man. I had to try it again just to see what it was like and can't understand how I ever liked it to begin with.

Even after all these years though, I still get a craving for em sometimes so I suck on a pencil to get rid of the urge.
# 2
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
03/08/2007 10:48 pm
Smoking doesn't make ya look cool either. When I see a girl smoke it grosses me out and I totally lose respect for her. Would'nt date a smoker either.

How I dislike thee sometimes.

11 days.

# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/08/2007 10:55 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyHow I dislike thee sometimes.

11 days.

How come?
I like you :)
# 4
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/10/2007 8:21 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeYeah... that's it for me. I just lit up another one with a beer and already feel nausious
Even after all these years though, I still get a craving for em sometimes so I suck on a pencil to get rid of the urge.

Nothin beats sparking up a grit when tossin back a few cold ones.
What I would do for just one drag, but I know what that will lead to.
It's easier to be a non-smoker where I live. It's illegal to smoke in any public facility, including Bars, throughout the State. Going to Vegas is when it get's tempting. Stop the INSANITY!!!!!!
I used to use it as a crutch to relieve stress, but I believe it caused stress, especially when I ran out of them. Stop the Presses!!!!!!!! I need to go get a pack smokes!!!!!!!! With State Taxes they are about $4.50 here. Now I could pay for about 15 players to have a full access membership from what I paid a month for that Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 5
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2007 9:01 am
I just threw the rest of the pack in the fireplace.
Never again.
# 6
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/10/2007 9:24 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeI just threw the rest of the pack in the fireplace.
Never again.

May they burn in Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!
Throw in a few Cherry Bombs to celebrate your Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 7
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
03/10/2007 10:26 am
oh smurfy you do make me chuckle.

I also find smoker girls unattractive...smoking is horrible,and I hate that smell.

I cant understand what made you smoke more of that pack after the 1st onr Schmange? so what was it?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 8
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2007 10:47 am
Curiosity I guess. Had to prove to myself how gross it was.
I got through about 3/4 of a smoke and felt like puking so I screwed the pack up into a little ball and tossed it on the fire.
Can't understand how anybody could get hooked on those things.

Same thing with alcohol. After a coupla 12 packs I've had it for the rest of the month.
Can't even look at a beer without feeling sick.
Guess it's a good thing... I'll never become an alcoholic or get hooked on smokes.
# 9
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/10/2007 5:09 pm
Originally Posted by: schmange
Same thing with alcohol. After a coupla 12 packs I've had it for the rest of the month.

Ha...well thats just a little past the social icebreaker stage.

Im with you dude. Honestly, nothing beats rummy morning breath pasties and the smell of stale ciggarette smoke.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 10
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/10/2007 8:37 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeSame thing with alcohol. After a coupla 12 packs I've had it for the rest of the month.
Can't even look at a beer without feeling sick.
Guess it's a good thing... I'll never become an alcoholic or get hooked on smokes.

thankfully i have started to get sick of alcohol myself too...however its a different story for cigarettes...there doesn't seem to be any motivation for me to quit thats the effed up part..then again im a very complacent person so until i lose a toe or something then ill learn..which sucks cos that could mean id be dead or start losing stuff that wud eventually lead me to dysfunctionality...

word

good on ya buddy
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 11
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
03/10/2007 10:07 pm
I smoked one cigarette last night, but its was a stress situation. Involved some off roading and running from a cop. Then once we thought we were fun we off roaded some more chasing a deer. That was just a small portion of the ****ties, epic, scariest night I had ever. I'm definitely fine with just drinking beer, some other drugs were involved to be honest. But yeah f all of that for a while.

# 12
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/10/2007 11:25 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyI smoked one cigarette last night... That was just a small portion of the ****ties, epic, scariest night I had ever. ....

I hope you live long enough to look back on that and not recognise yourself.

There are worse things than getting old. The people who didn't get to grow old found that out the hard way.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/11/2007 12:27 am
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsI hope you live long enough to look back on that and not recognise yourself.

There are worse things than getting old. The people who didn't get to grow old found that out the hard way.

Oo Rah to that. You get to count yourself among the fortunate if you live long enough to be old. I know a few too many good people who didn't get there because of one weird mistake.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 14
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/11/2007 5:38 am
yeah, I look back at some of the stupid things I did and the amount of times I could easily have died. Like falling asleep in a chair with a lit cigarette.. going 120 mph down the highway in the pouring rain...falling asleep at the wheel several times..
Hell, my brother died just driving home on a motorcycle.

It's true ya think you're invincible when you're younger then you start realizing how easy you could just snuff out.
Funny thing is, on a forum like this nobody would even know you died.
You'd just suddenly stop writing and everybody'd wonder where you went.
# 15
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/11/2007 5:42 am
Call me a young fool if you will, but I still think dying young is the way to go. You older gents seem to be liking your age just fine, and that's cool, but I just can't see myself ever hitting that point. The oldest I can imagine myself is 17, and that's how old I am now.

This next birthday is gonna be goddamn weird.
# 16
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/11/2007 5:57 am
Ok, you're a fool.
When I was 17 I used to think 23 was really old and 30 was ancient.
50 was so far over the hill I couldn't imagine it.
Now I think of 17 as being just a little kid. Ya think ya know so much about life but in reality there's a whole ton of stuff you don't even realize yet.

Getting old kinda sucks in some ways... mainly cause you lose the groovy things you liked best ...like getting noticed by 17 year old girls, going to parties and realizing that a whole bunch of your favorite artists keep dying on ya... (the guy for boston and george harrison for example) but there's a whole bunch of positives that make up for it. Especially in knowledge about how the world works. Plus, when you get older, all those women you thought were way too old for you start looking pretty good.. so instead of just being attracted to teens, you're attracted to all ages.

Seriously though... 17 is still a baby. There's a long way to go.
# 17
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/11/2007 7:29 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckCall me a young fool if you will, but I still think dying young is the way to go. You older gents seem to be liking your age just fine, and that's cool, but I just can't see myself ever hitting that point. The oldest I can imagine myself is 17, and that's how old I am now.

This next birthday is gonna be goddamn weird.

Wrong, my so young friend, so very, very wrong.

For many years, I could not imagine living past the age of 30. When I was 32, I rode my motorcycle into the side of a car that should not have been there. When I awoke in the hospital, I could not believe that I was still alive. By my calculation, I was 2 full years 'past due'.

But life goes on, until it ends. And anytime it ends, it seems too soon. There is always still more that could have been accomplished; always still more that could have been shown to those who follow.

You are still very young. And already you have shown those who are younger even than you that there are lessons they can learn from you; unpleasant things that can be avoided, and good things that can be cherished.

The Who are not the only band that has expressed the sentiment that "I hope I die before I get old.", and because of that sentiment, only two of them remain. What have we lost because Keith Moon and John Entwistle are no longer with us? Can you possibly argue that the world is better off because John Bonham died young? Brian Jones? Jim Morrison? Janis Joplin? Jimi Hendrix? The music scene is littered with the corpses of the prematurely dead. In my recent interview for the GT Newsletter, I expressed a desire to be able to give due credence to "The Mesiah Will Come Again" by Roy Buchanan, who died much, much, too soon. My own life is all too accurately reflected by Billie Holiday's "God Bless The Child", but the fact remains that any day that starts with you waking up above ground is a whole lot better than the alternative!

Yes, you're a fool! Worse than that; you're a damn fool! You would throw away the one gift that all of us are given at birth - LIFE itself.

**** you!

**** you and all who are stupid enough to buy into that line of thought!

That path leads to premature death, and since death awaits all of us, this line of thought is equal to unnecessary surrender.

**** you! :mad:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 18
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/11/2007 7:35 am
yea!!!!! what Lats said!!!!!!! :mad: hopefully you will live to my age and realize how precious youth is...not that over 40 sucks ass...it ain't bad really
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 19
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/11/2007 7:48 am
well, in my absence from GT I've been getting myself in all sorts of trouble. one of them being smoking. I tried cigarettes a couple of times, but really didn't like the taste. I preferred cigars. I thought it would help relieve some stress, but really all it did was made me nautious, made my mouth have a funny taste that wouldn't go away for hours, and grossed my girlfriend out. so I stopped. but, it seems that all of my friends are smokers now. I really wish they would stop too.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.