View post (Soap Box)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/06/2007 1:50 am
Howdy folks. I actually made up this riff quite sometime ago. Finally found some application for it with these lyrics. Just seemed to jive well. This tune is called Soap Box due to the fact that I'm constantly bitching about things that I'm ultimately in control and have no good reason to be bitching about them. Theres really much more to it, but its tedious details that none of you would understand or care about, so just listen to the damn song!!!!....sorry.

Anyways, heres the link: Soap Box

This song gave me a little trouble on vocal range factor, because my vocal range is pretty small. Kind of stuck between octaves. But I tried. And I don't think it sounds too bad.

Bass was recorded with my Ibanez RG with my whammy pedal set 1 octave down. Thought it gave it a decent bass tone, so thats what I did.

Enjoy. Feedback and constructive criticism greatly appreciated.

EDIT*** I actually posted this song in the wee hours of this morn, but I realized it sounded too empty and needed more work. So I deleted and did some fixin up...just in case anyone saw that thread.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.