View post (A 'novel' contest)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/04/2007 11:19 pm
In case you're interested, I had entered my 'novel' into a contest on Gather.com They publish Chapter 1 in the first round, leave it up for 14 days and then pull it down. They cull the field down to 20 manuscripts and move on to Round 2. Same deal. Then onto Round 3 before they declare a winner.

If you're so inclined, you can go to Gather.com and give it a read. It's in the First Chapters contest and it's entitled 'Lance: A mid-life tale.' Frankly, and as expected, I'm taking a major beating from the critics (but hey, you never succeed unless you try). If you wish to comment on it and/or vote on it, you'll have to join the site. It's free but that's totally up to you. I just thought you might be interested to give this a read.

And for all of you aspiring writeres (Jolly, Eric..etc...) it's not a bad site to publish on. You can join various writers groups and get a lot of feedback (good and bad) on your work from others around the world.

**MODS: If this posting isn't appropriate for the site, please delete and accept my apologies**
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]