rondo??

EE shabutie
EE shabutie
03/02/2007 1:42 am
alright well ive been looking for a strat type guitar but not very expenisve cause i want to see if i like them and then i ran across rondomusic.com which is selling cheap strat knockoffs but i was wondering does any one own these and like them or dislike them thanks fo r the help in advance :cool:
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
03/02/2007 2:01 am
The best way to figure out whether or not you like a guitar is to go into a guitar shop and play it for about 20 minutes or so... You'll know whether you like it or not in that short amount of time... It would be pointless to spend the money on a guitar if you're not sure if you'd like it or not... Most strat copies are about the same... Beginner gutiars at best and not really worth uprading. They're great for beginners but not so great if you're past that point and have a few other guitars... Go try out a few Strats at a local gutiar shop and see if you like them. Then look into getting into a lower priced Fender if you do like them.
# 2
iceandhotwax
iceandhotwax
03/02/2007 2:34 am
for under $100 bucks , i say try it , but be aware that the knock offs are not necessarily a representation of what a quality strat would be
# 3
Drew77
Drew77
03/02/2007 3:59 am
IF its under 100 dollars, then you can be almost guaranteed that it is missing more than the Fender name. If you want a strat for the wat it looks or are just looking for a beginners guitar then a strat rip off is what you will probably want. If your looking for a good guitar I haven't ever played a strat rip off that was particularly pleasing. My brother got one when he started and thats the guitar I started playing on. They usually make good beginner guitars because at the beginning you will neither be a tone whore or want to spend a lot of money if you don't know how long you will be committed to it. That being said, for some reason most of the people I know have given up the guitar after their second one, the semi expensive one. Which is retarded to me but whatever, my second guitar only enhanced my love of playing in fact i like playing it so much I began practicing more. Anyway my point is if this is your first guitar then go for a cheap one, but for your second one you need to shop around and find one you will love, my friends all said," Hell yeah Gibsons are awesome I'll get an Epiphone, or Hell yeah I'll get a fender" and they all quit.

Your first guitar can be anything, it should actually probably be crappy cause then you have to actually have dedication and persevierence to play it well and then your second one after you have fallen in love with playing should be the guitar that you love. And let me tell you there are few things better than playing that guitar, I still love my axe (it's only been a little over a year but whatever) and every time I get it setup up its like playing it for the first time all over again, so easy its like the guitar is just another part of my body.

So... sorry for the rantish like thing.

just my 2 cents.
# 4
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/02/2007 8:09 pm
Rondo Music is goood.

their LP's are their specialty though, I donno how the Strats are. but I'd assume its still cool.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 5
Eric's Johnson
Eric's Johnson
03/05/2007 11:15 pm
There is a lot of love for Agile guitars (Rondo's main brand) on Harmony Central and the Agile Guitar Forum (surprised?). I'd stay away from the lower priced SX Strat copies but the Agiles are probably decent. I have a PS-900 and love it. Their price/quality ratio is hard to beat and their customer service is fantastic.
But I recommend a real Fender Strat if you have the cash.
# 6
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/06/2007 1:21 am
ey Eric's Johnson...

isnt the PS series their PRS style guitars? Ive been checking those out lately.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 7
Eric's Johnson
Eric's Johnson
03/06/2007 2:08 am
Yes, it is a PRS knock off except it has a Gibson style bridge & tailpiece instead of the 1 piece PRS bridge. $269.00 new! Here is a photo of mine (click on photo to enlarge it):

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.