chord changes

txladykat
txladykat
02/28/2007 9:50 pm
ok, to practice getting better at timing/chord changes/rhythm, I have been only going from C to Em....then I tried adding in D7....but I just can't grasp that yet. Soooo..I am looking for another chord that is easy to fret going from Em that sounds good with the C and Em.

Can anyone suggest another chord?

I was doing: C - Em - D7 - G7
sounds really nice but i just cant get good timing or rhythm on the changing.
# 1
strat-man
strat-man
02/28/2007 10:17 pm
Try C-Em-G-D sounded a little better to my ear and you can keep at least 1 finger on the fret board between changes to help keep the changes smooth, also the greatest piece of advice i ever got when learning chord changes was 'keep strummin' alot of folk (and i was no exeption!) stop strummin in-between chord changes when first learnin to change chords, it sounds awfull and actually takes a little longer to change chords, try it and see how you get on. Hope this helps.
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 2
txladykat
txladykat
02/28/2007 10:37 pm
Originally Posted by: strat-manTry C-Em-G-D sounded a little better to my ear and you can keep at least 1 finger on the fret board between changes to help keep the changes smooth, also the greatest piece of advice i ever got when learning chord changes was 'keep strummin' alot of folk (and i was no exeption!) stop strummin in-between chord changes when first learnin to change chords, it sounds awfull and actually takes a little longer to change chords, try it and see how you get on. Hope this helps.

thanks! yea, that is why i was just trying to find an easier change. i keep strumming in between chords, even if i hit the chord wrong, i just get my fingers into place, but never stop strumming.

My bad. I gave the wrong chords. I meant to say I have been trying to play:

C-Am-Dm-G7

but have trouble going from Am to D7 whilst never stopping strumming.
# 3
strat-man
strat-man
03/01/2007 9:31 pm
Originally Posted by: txladykat
My bad. I gave the wrong chords. I meant to say I have been trying to play:

C-Am-Dm-G7

but have trouble going from Am to D7 whilst never stopping strumming.

Not quite sure from that if your changin from Am to Dm or D7? changin to Dm will require you to lift and reposition all 3 fingers for the chord change, changin to D7 you can keep your 1st finger on the B string and just reposition your 2nd and 3rd fingers (slightly easier) either way it's just a question of practice and you will get there, good luck.
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 4
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/01/2007 10:20 pm
A good song to learn with those chords and changes is "Tequila Sunrise" by the Eagles. :)
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
txladykat
txladykat
03/02/2007 3:56 am
sorry, i guess i had alot of typos, LOL.

C-Am-Dm-G7 is what I have been trying.

I tried C-Am-D7-G7 because it was easier, but the D7 didn't sound good to me.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.