All for nothin

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/23/2007 5:35 am
Well, I don't typically write lyrics. Mostly because I can't write and there usually isn't inspiration for me. But I'm going through an angry and frustrating time right now so I tried my hand at it. This one was pretty much for my parents and anyone else who it sounds like it could pertain to.

Feel free to tear it apart, tell me it sucks, or just tell me that you hate me all together because I'm ugly. But here it is anyways.

All for nothin

8 to 3
the daily routine
Dickin off and learnin nothing
All week long
An oblivious trance
Supposed to be here for something

And so it goes
All the wasted years
They say strive for excellence
Give blood sweat and tears
So I sit here now without a clue
No way this bull **** was really true

Off to the "real world"
Warned through our years
Prepare for adulthood
Responsibility nears
Go to college
Get yourself a degree
Earn some fruit
From the money tree

And so it goes
All the wasted years
They say strive for excellence
Give blood sweat and tears
So I sit here now without a clue
No way this bull **** was really true

No money
No job
I'm a peasant still
The promised land lies
Just over the hill
So don't bitch at me now
While I'm still in my youth
Or its all for nothin
Still searching for truth...
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 1
ren
ren
02/23/2007 9:31 am
I like it man.... what's the music for it? I can hear a driving blues backline....

Sounds like it came from you man... and that makes it cool... :cool: And I'm right with you man, although I think my youth has pretty much escaped me...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/23/2007 3:29 pm
Originally Posted by: renI like it man.... what's the music for it? I can hear a driving blues backline....

Sounds like it came from you man... and that makes it cool... :cool: And I'm right with you man, although I think my youth has pretty much escaped me...

Thanks dude. It most definitely is from me. First time I've ever wrote anything that at least kind of worked. I'll see about writing up some music for it today.

On that note, it seems too angry for a blues type song. Unless I was to alter the lyrics some.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
02/23/2007 3:56 pm
Yeah man, good stuff.

I liked how you kept it right on the fringe of being cliche but never really crossed the boundary... if you know what I mean. Well done.

And when you're in tough times sometimes writing is the perfect outlet. I cope with a lot of stuff through my writing since I'm more of a closed individual. Writing is my therapy... So when you're in those tough times get your pen and paper and write what you're feeling and the thoughts that coe with it. Even if it doesn't work out into a song it'll help a lot... Writing is like anything else too, the more you do it the better things start to work themselves out... Rock on man, keep writing!! And make sure you never lose that "I don't care what you think about it" attitude. That's the best attitude for writing anything that is near and dear to you.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.