View post (Training sore muscles?)

View thread

clewnii
clewnii
02/22/2007 11:03 am
Originally Posted by: acapellaWhat do you guys think? On Monday I did 100 pullups/chinups (not in a row, haha) and the next day around lunch time I started getting sore arms and back, not too bad. This morning I woke up and there was way more. My back isn't TOO too bad now, but my arms are still really, really sore. I mean, I've been working out for a long time on and off, pretty seriously for long stretches, and they've never been this sore that I can recall. So if they are still this sore tonight, should I do more anyway? The plan was to start doing this three times a week, and I don't want to throw off the schedule. However I also don't want to do it if it'll just be detrimental and tear down more than it builds up. But then some people think you SHOULD train sore muscles because it makes them feel better and whatnot. So what do you think?

Stretch your muscles after you're done practicing. It helps to prevent some of that soreness. Thats the only advise >I< can give you. That includes before and after guitar-practice aswell. And if you usually dont stretch, then it should hurt.. abit.