GT Comedy

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/15/2007 11:44 pm
Post things you read on GT that made you laugh.

Here's 2 of my top favs...

Originally Posted by: jeffhxflowa powa!

rawr!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jeffhx]*does excited daffy duck impersonation*

For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 1
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/16/2007 12:14 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyPost things you read on GT that made you laugh.

I found this hilarious for one reason. Its in the gear discussion. WTF?
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
02/16/2007 12:32 am
One came to mind, but I don't remember what it was in and wouldn't know how to search for it, as officially it's not even a post. In some thread a topic arose that required like 2-3 people in a row to delete their posts. Cryptic Excretions then made a post, with the sole intention of deleting it to further continue the deletions and join in, this being explained by him in the reason for deletion. Just typical of his sense of humor...funny dude.

And then this was classic:
Originally Posted by: schmangeSo, today our whole street had a garage sale. Everybody's out in their driveways with all their junk for sale. I'm sitting out there on a lawn chair in the driveway all morning and by about 2 p.m. I'm getting really bored.
So I decide to go get my acoustic guitar and play a bit.
I go back outside carrying my guitar, all the neighbors are kinda looking over at me wondering what I'm doing with a guitar. I've never done anything like that in front of the house or anything cause I'd normally be way too shy to play guitar in front of my neighbors cause I'd feel like I was acting like a real dick or something.

Anyways, I sit down in the lawn chair trying to act cool... hold the guitar up to start playing and RRRRIPPP.....the friggin bottom falls out of the lawn chair. My ass goes straight down to the ground and I'm stuck in there with the guitar across my lap with all the neighbors looking at me. Little kids are walking by and staring at me. I can't get out... I'm trying to get up and my guitar goes banging to the ground... finally I pull myself up with the chair hanging off my ass and manage to stand up. The people across the street start applauding, so I give a big bow, put the stupid chair away and vow never to take my stupid guitar outside again. :rolleyes:

All that & I only made $50

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/16/2007 2:47 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI found this hilarious for one reason. Its in the gear discussion. WTF?

Wow...I honestly didn't even realize :o .
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 4
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
02/16/2007 2:57 am
I remember reading that. ^^^^^ Oh look at me all hip internet pointing. I forget who it was or where it was... but someone spelled genre like jongre or something ridiculous like that. That's the type of stuff I laugh at.

# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/16/2007 4:35 am
One time.... Long long ago... There was this guy named meatlic who was so Awesweme that he had me in stitches an entire summer.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 6
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
02/16/2007 5:35 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyPost things you read on GT that made you laugh.

for i

am awesome..nuff said
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 7
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/16/2007 2:24 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggOne time.... Long long ago... There was this guy named meatlic who was so Awesweme that he had me in stitches an entire summer.

Actually I believe his name was meatlic dude. C'mon, I can't be the only one who remembers this!
My YouTube Profile
# 8
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
02/16/2007 2:35 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggActually I believe his name was meatlic dude. C'mon, I can't be the only one who remembers this!

Must have been before me...

One of my fav conversations was with Cryptic and Ninja when I first joined... Though nearly got in trouble from that conversation. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ok I found the post... We sort of hijacked Rustee's thread.. sorry Rustee :o But I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation...lol Mardi Gras
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 9
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/16/2007 4:15 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeMust have been before me...

One of my fav conversations was with Cryptic and Ninja when I first joined... Though nearly got in trouble from that conversation. :rolleyes:

I'll try and find some links.. Do you got a link for the one you're talking about?

Edit: Here's the link that started it all. It was this guy name Metalic Dude who made such an Awesweme tune that he couldn't send it to us. Then he got bashed some more on this thread.

The bashing really took on a life of it's own on this thread.

Metallic Dude then changed his name to "The Other One" on this thread where the name Meatlic was born. This also has Jolly's first user name (number of the beast) on here before he got banned!

This was the last thread I could find on here about it.

All in all good times. I can't believe that was nearly 4 years ago!
My YouTube Profile
# 10
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
02/16/2007 7:55 pm
hmm its pathetic what he did with the diff name thing..stilli think the bashing he got was a wee bit too much than deserved....unless im reading things wrong as im a little woozie on alcohol...but thenagain im a good guy
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 11
Tonja_Renee
Tonja_Renee
02/16/2007 8:15 pm
That guy was acting a bit like an idiot, but everyone ganged up on him so quickly... sort of made me feel bad for him.

I doubt it would get that far today on GT... Mods have certainly cracked down on that sort of thing. And personally I like it that way, I don't like being afraid to post something for fear of being flamed...

But he did have attitude.. so some of it was deserved.. imo
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 12
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/16/2007 8:16 pm
Well, GT used to not be near as strict as it is today. So, that kind of "flaming" was fairly common and expected. It's become a much better place since then though :)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 13
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/16/2007 8:46 pm
I still find this whole page to be one of the funniest GT coversations ever.

I really really miss Cryptic.
# 14
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/16/2007 8:46 pm
I guess things have quieted down over the years. I forgot about about some of the people who've since been banned ahem-ketsueki-ahem.
My YouTube Profile
# 15
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
02/16/2007 11:22 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_Renee... We sort of hijacked Rustee's thread.. sorry Rustee :o But I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation...lol Mardi Gras

No apologies...officially I brought up boobs, ya'll just took it to another level. Coincidentally, it's Mardi Gras here this weekend again! Should be nicer weather than last year, so even more boobs! Yea! :D
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 16
acapella
acapella
02/18/2007 5:28 am
A lot of people (me) almost got banned for this one, and I will admit that I really shouldn't have done what I did...but it still makes me laugh every time I read it. I will agree though, GT is nicer to hang out in now that people are...nicer. Myself included.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 17
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/18/2007 5:42 am
Originally Posted by: acapellaA lot of people (me) almost got banned for this one, and I will admit that I really shouldn't have done what I did...but it still makes me laugh every time I read it. I will agree though, GT is nicer to hang out in now that people are...nicer. Myself included.[/QUOTE]

That is potentially the funniest thing I've ever read in my entire life. I nearly shat my pants.

[QUOTE=acapella]"The rest"? You think you're better than us? Screw you, man, and screw Cherry Lane! With a name like that, I'm sure he needs all the help he can get.

Absolutely hillarious.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 18
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/18/2007 7:03 am
Originally Posted by: acapella I will agree though, GT is nicer to hang out in now that people are...nicer. Myself included.

Our evil sides still come out occasionally though.
# 19
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
02/18/2007 5:45 pm
Originally Posted by: Leedogg

Edit: Here's the link that started it all. It was this guy name Metalic Dude who made such an Awesweme tune that he couldn't send it to us.

did no one notice that he wrote that awsweme song "by MySLEF" he must have been really proud of himslef
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.