View post (Valentine's Day)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
02/15/2007 4:17 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60To each his own. It's a lot easier to appreciate love when you're in love, I suppose. When you've been away from it as long as I've been, it has that same feeling as trying to toss a dime into a dinner plate at a county fair. Yeah, you might get it once in a great while but for the most part, it's just a scam. Somewhere at some time, someone sprayed the dinner plate of love with cooking oil.

And yet we still reach into our pockets for another dime....how strange.

I used to think like that until this past Christmas. I was talking with my cousin on Christmas morning, and somehow the topic of Valentine's day came up. She said that she's never really had a good Valentine's day because every guy she's been with has shared your sentiment. They'd say "uh, it's a made-up holiday so it doesn't matter," and they'd spend the evening watching TV. It was right about then that I realized that a lot of guys are cynical buttholes. (And just to be clear, I'm not insulting you. :))

So even though Valentine's day in no way affects a single fella like me, I don't mind it. Anything that promotes love rather than fighting is fine by me.

/goddamn hippy