Movie Ruiners.

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
02/12/2007 5:21 pm
Since theres been a few recent threads on movies, why not make another.

What ruins movies for you at the theaters?

Personlly, I hate the steriotype that black people ruin movies. The things that ruin movies for me are little kids that are either not shuttin up or playing around in the seats behind me. Or, if theres someone behind me with a annoying laugh, or does one of those laughs where they grab my seat and lean all the way forward. Brian Posehn does a skit about movie ruiners and "enhancers." You guys should you tube him ad check it out.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/12/2007 5:55 pm
Previews.
I can't stand having a movie spoiled by previews that show all the best upcoming scenes or the funniest jokes.

That and TV shows that start with "Coming up next on...." .... then they totally ruin the show by giving away all the best parts.

.. and titles that give away who all the actors are in a movie before you've even seen it.
# 2
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
02/12/2007 7:28 pm
When people laugh at scenes in movies that are blatantly not supposed to be funny. I had that problem when i went to see the Departed.

Also, talking bothers me during the movie, i dont give a damn who it is. Which is why i RARELY go out to the movies. I can wait til stuff comes out on DVD.
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
02/12/2007 7:53 pm
When I went to see The Departed there was a couple in the row in front of that evidently only spoke a little bit of English... I think the guy was translating the entire movie tot he girl... It was some Arabic language... We got up and moved and by the end of the movie there was no one eve near them... And the theater was pretty packed too. Some people were standing.

The laughing thing annoys me too. Or people that will laugh for entire scenes rather than just laughing at certain jokes...

When I go to movies up north in Chicago... especially the south side... blacks do a pretty good job of ruining movies... I know it's a "stereotype" but they seriously do talk to the screen during suspense/thriller/horror movies and they get out of control in comedies.... I've witnessed it first hand. Most everywhere else that I go watch movies it doesn't bother me because it's just one or two people yelling things out... But in the south side of Chicago it's the entire theatre and it's impossible to watch a movie like that.

I also hate loud eaters... people that chomp away on their popcorn... It's amazing how inconsiderate people are.
# 4
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
02/14/2007 12:52 am
I hate it when there's a group of people that are obviously high and who won't shut up.

For the movies themselves I hate it when there is a character there purely for comedy relief. AKA Jarjar, Jack black in orange county.
Also I hate it when when fat people are used to get points across like Adam Sandlers past girlfriends in the movie Click. It's just so stereotypical and unimaginative.
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock
# 5
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/14/2007 2:20 am
I hate it when naked people feel the need to flaunt their nakedness at the movies. I find that pretty inconsiderate when they're strutting in front of the screen with their typically average sized genitalia hanging out...

No, but seriously. I hate those little punk teenage kids who dress up in their extremely tight shirts, jeans that hang below their ass, a sideways hat, their stupid skateboard shoes, and their scraggly nasty hair. Those kids should just drink a cup of their own urine imo.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 6
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
02/14/2007 3:22 am
Originally Posted by: force_of_shredFor the movies themselves I hate it when there is a character there purely for comedy relief. AKA Jarjar, Jack black in orange county.

Are you serious??? Jack Black was by far the best character of Orange County! What's a comedy flick without the comedy??
# 7
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
02/14/2007 3:35 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709Are you serious??? Jack Black was by far the best character of Orange County! What's a comedy flick without the comedy??

The question is what isn't a comedy without the comedy?
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 8
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/14/2007 4:08 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709Are you serious??? Jack Black was by far the best character of Orange County![/QUOTE]
Which is why it sucked.

[QUOTE=Homebrew1709]What's a comedy flick without the comedy??

A: A Jack Black movie.
# 9
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
02/14/2007 7:54 am
just think though, without jack's character in the movie it would not have been a comedy almost none that movie's comedy came from anywhere else but his character, a good rule to go by is if you take away one small character in a comedy it should still be a funny movie, and orange county would have been simply depressing and realistic without Jack Black.

Don't get me wrong though Jack Black rules,It's just that he pulled that movie's weight from beginning to end. :cool:
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock
# 10
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/14/2007 8:10 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckA: A Jack Black movie.

Personally I think Jack Black's comedy's ok, but I appreciate the hilarity and necessity of this joke.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 11
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/14/2007 8:20 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonPersonally I think Jack Black's comedy's ok, but I appreciate the hilarity and necessity of this joke.

I use to think he was extremely talented when he first started out but then he just started to get annoying. Now if Jack Black's in a movie I usually expect an independantly released, badly done, obvious, over-the-top comedy.
I kinda think of him as just a step above Pauly Shore... and that's pretty low.
# 12
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
02/14/2007 8:36 am
You guys are gonna tell me that u didn't even slightly enjoy School of Rock?
# 13
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/14/2007 9:48 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709You guys are gonna tell me that u didn't even slightly enjoy School of Rock?

I enjoyed it to a point.
First problem for me was I don't like movies about bands. They're just always unrealistic. Either the actors don't really play their own instruments, or they have pro studio musicians playing backup tracks that people could never possibly do live. Or an actor can somehow play a complex song on the piano while carrying on a complete conversation at the same time. Or the group will magically be able to play a whole song without even practicing it. Or the editing of the movie is off and they keep showing the actors singing and playing out of sync. Or a string section suddenly starts playing and there's no string players on screen.

Next problem is I get no satisfaction out of watching a movie about a band 'making it' cause hey.. been there, done that. It ain't that exciting.
I know too much about the bad side of the music industry to enjoy watching a band supposedly become 'stars' in a movie when I know in real life they're going to get screwed over by their record company. And playing in front of an auditorium full of people is just that... playing in front of a coupla hundred people who enjoyed your music. So what. It's nice, but that ain't success and not really that exciting a thing to make a whole movie about.

Next problem was I don't remember laughing even once.
I can watch 5 minutes of Fawty Towers or Airplane and consistently laugh my ass off, but I can watch a whole 1 1/2 hours of a Jack Black movie and not laugh even once.

Next problem was the sappy parts were too sappy... the characters were too over the top and overacted.. especially that female teacher.

I watched the movie cause I'd paid for the pay-per-view, but felt I'd wasted my $5 & wouldn't watch it again even if it was free.

And that's my rant.
... so there.
I've taken my Nytol and I'm going beddy bye.
# 14
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
02/14/2007 1:05 pm
Thats why I like the old drive-in you can smoke drink and have sex in your own car and no one cares.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 15
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/14/2007 4:57 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeI use to think he was extremely talented when he first started out but then he just started to get annoying. Now if Jack Black's in a movie I usually expect an independantly released, badly done, obvious, over-the-top comedy.
I kinda think of him as just a step above Pauly Shore... and that's pretty low.

Two words to support your statement:

Nacho. Libre.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 16
ren
ren
02/14/2007 4:58 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonTwo words to support your statement:

Nacho. Libre.

Seriously... I saw the trailer for that and it made me smile enough I went to see it. I have no idea why that film even got made....

I didn't even make it to the end....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 17
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
02/14/2007 8:17 pm
JAck Black has done some great parts in great movies, but I agree with Nacho Libre. I was like, WTF man, your better than this.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 18
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/15/2007 1:01 am
Wasn't Nacho Libre done by the napolean dynamite guys.
That explains alot.

JB does have a cool band though, and he's a good singer.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 19
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/15/2007 4:28 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyWasn't Nacho Libre done by the napolean dynamite guys.
That explains alot.

You didn't like Napoleon Dynamite? My only problem with that movie was that it was quoted too often by idiots.

In fact, that's what ruins movies for me. When the dumb kids I hate like the same movies as me.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.