View post (Irony)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
02/12/2007 2:28 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeall you gotta do is remember scientists used to think the earth was flat and that just about proves how much you can rely on their theories.

Eh... bold generalization about today's scientists. Considering the difference in tehcnology from then to now. Theory is theory. Back then almost everything was theory. I'd like to think we, as a species, have come quite aways from thinking the Earth is flat...

Check out Edward Lorenz's 1972 paper given to the American Association for the Advancement of Science entitled "Predictablity: Does the Flap of a Butterflies Wings in Mexico set off a Tornado in Texas?"... it's based on the theory of chaos.

I believe further in the theory of constant motion. A theory where everything around us is in constant motion, whether we can see it or not. The Earth, as it is... is in an orbit around the Sun. Three theories exist for this situation. 1. The Earth is constantly moving outward due to centrifigal forces which are greater than the gravitational forces of the Sun. 2. The Earth is constantly moving toward the Sun due to the overpowering gravitational pull of the Sun. 3. The Earth's centrifigal forces are in perfect balance with the gravitational pull of the Sun. 1 and 2 are supported by the theory of constant motion.... and are more likely than scenario 3.... and 1 or 2 either will cause sparatic atmospheric conditions. The theory of constant motion is based on the idea that the possibility of two EXACT forces pulling on something are so small that it only exists in the smallest of mathematical figures. A never ending decimal, if you will. A possiblity so slight that everything is constantly set in motion by one force or another... even so slightly that it may take a million years for a pen to move a millimeter on your desk top. The theory says if you left a room with perfect conditions where nothing would decompose and traveled 5 million years into the future everything would be out of place by simple laws of molecular motion.... If an objects electrons and neutrons are constantly in motion... the atom is constantly in motion.... therefore the molecules are constantly in motion... therefore the object is constantly in motion...

That's the basis of my thoughts on global warming... the Earth is going to die one day... Our pollution isn't helping much... But I think it's more due to the forces of nature than our car exhaust.

Global Warming, to me, is simply a word that describes the fact that our Earth is, at it's core, is a molten ball of lava that orbits a giant ball of burning gas.......... That's most likely going to heat SOMETHING up.

To relate back to the thread title.... Irony is complaining about Global Warming when our Globe has a burning core of molten lava and orbits a giant ball of burning gas.