View post (Ok, so I'm starting another story... this time it's a little different)

View thread

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/11/2007 8:20 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Interesting, interesting...nice and dark. That's a fun mood to work in. Looking forward to seeing more as you continue (like always). In your second post, that conversation you heard reminds me of a story I wrote years ago called 'Magic and Dragons.' The basic nut of the story was that a man who doesn't believe that true love exists once had a woman explain to him that 'Love is a lot like magic and dragons...if you believe in it, it exists. If you don't, you'd never recognize it if you ever saw it." Some good lines but the story was weak, I ended up abandoning it after about the third re-write.

That's a pretty similar idea, Nick. Actually, though, I think that "if you believe in it, it exists" won't be in my story. But I'd rather focus on something about believing in beauty that will never exist, that can never exist, but believing because we must believe. I'm not sure how I'll be able to do this in something other than novel form, but I'd prefer to keep this a short story... We'll be looking into the speaker's life later on, and we'll see the effects his experience has had on him psychologically. I'm looking forward to writing something a little easier to understand. I'm also looking forward to hearing what acapella and earthman think of it.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...