View post (Erics Lit)

View thread

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/08/2007 3:42 am
Back in Obusforme’s class, the students looked around (even though nothing but the chalkboard was visible). The repulsive scream from the hall caused quite an upset in the classroom, but no had the audacity to mention it out of fear and uncertainty. The anthem finished, and the authoritarian voice began to speak. It was the voice of Mr. Marsbar. “Pay attention to this morning’s orders. Order one. There will be nothing done in this institution except learning and teaching. The teachers will be learning and the students will…no, the students will be learning, and the teachers will be learn…no,” there was a brief silence. The flipping of pages could be heard on the intercom. “The students will be learning, and the teachers will be teaching.”Ok...this is stupid, but i laughed :D
The voice changed to that of Constantine. “Order two. Headphones, hats and freedom are now contraband.”True
“Order three.” He continued, “If anyone is found standing in the upstairs hallway across from the lodge, in the halls in the first or last twenty minutes of class, or especially near the forbidden room on the third floor, they will be punished without mercy.”True, except the no mercy part
“Order four. Everyone must pay their fifteen thousand dollar student council fun fee by eight o’clock am, tomorrow.”It's really $15, but we get nothing out of it
“Order five. Fun is extinct here. We provide two fun days; Saturday and Sunday.” The students heard him chuckle to himself. “Furthermore, field trips and related excursions are cancelled forever. If anyone has complaints regarding this, our complaint department is open the thirty-first of September, April, June and November.”
The orders continued like this for thirty-two more minutes. So began the first semester of TCOB’s rein of terror. From then on, the spirit of the school deteriorated, and the students and staff succumbed to Constantine’s fascist regime.

September 5, 2007. 7:50am
It had become commonplace for Lord Constantine (as he demanded to be called now) to spy on teachers during their classes to ensure that they were following his strict guidelines. True.As a result, teachers blindly adhered to these laws. Tuesday, November the fifth was no different. When Franz Nottenbourg walked into his geography class one second after the siren rang, Mrs. Lupus sent him directly to the office.
Franz sat in the stainless steel chair at the head of the disciplinarian’s desk. Two blinding lights shone from behind him, as to conceal his identity. “Nottenbourg,” the anonymous figure began. The voice was starting to seem more familiar. Franz shook uncontrollably, overcome by fear. “This is your fifth late this year. Do you know what that means?
Franz opened his mouth, but only a hoarse croak came out.
“Let me tell you what it means. It means you have missed almost five seconds of education. This is not acceptable!” he shrieked. “Does learning mean nothing to you? Does…”
Suddenly Franz realized it was indeed, Constantine grilling him. He realized this, because Marsbar walked into the room, clothed in full Mrs. Claus lingerie, and flicked on the light. “Why so dark boss? Hey, we’re out of Kleenex, and I have a booger. What do I do?”
Constantine shook his head, feeling embarrassed for him. “Leave.”
“OK. Happy Holidays!”
Constantine looked back towards Franz, who was desperately trying not to laugh. “Anyways, you have missed five seconds of class. Normally, this would constitute suspension, and making you miss an entire day of school. But, because of the shame my colleague’s actions you just witnessed could bring to this administration, I will have to deal with you otherwise.”
Franz felt himself being handcuffed, and before he could scream, a gag was stuffed in his mouth. It tasted salty. Then he heard the chainsaw start.
The students of Mr. Obusforme’s class worked diligently on a paper about European plant life, when they heard the voice come on the announcements. “Janitor to Constantine’s office. Janitor to Constantine’s office.”
December 30, 2007. 7:50am
One thousand students filed into the gym for the year-end, non-denominational, holiday assembly.
Constantine walked onto the stage in front of the curtain. He opened his mouth to speak, when the microphone he wore produced a second of shrill feedback. Him and everyone in the crowd winced. He glared at the soundman. “Normally,” he began, “I would never allow students to leave class and forgo their education like this. But what better time than the day before holidays, to make an example out of a few students. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.” He walked away and the curtains opened. The entire crowd gasped. Hanging above the stage were six nooses. In the each noose, was the neck of a student. Each student had a gag in their mouth, and stood on a wooden crate.
“Can you guess why these people are here?” asked Constantine. He moved to a pretty girl with long, brown hair. “This is Maggie Lawrence. She was caught in the halls nineteen minutes into class.” He moved to the next person. “This is Carlos Whitson. He caught without a hall pass.” He introduced the other four students, three boys and a girl, and listed their charges. “Each has defied school policy, and is somewhat of a heretic in their own right.”
“Now,” he continued, “today is a day of reckoning. For you, the student body will have to make a decision today that you have never had to make before. Today, you must chose whether or not these traitors will die in the name of education. If you are content to exist in a world where education is a triviality, you could have my own head right now. There are one thousand of you, and my TCOB officers are on holidays already—leave it to Marsbar to screw up the booking. I mean, I wrote right in his day-timer, ‘December 30: Day of reckoning. Makes sure officers stick around.’ But, “ he interjected, “If every moment of learning matters, if you realize that every second you are in the classroom, you grow, if you give a damn! If you do, my work here is finished.”
Dani Lawrence stood up from the back of the gym. All eyes were fixed directly on her. “Treason!” she screamed.
“Treason!” echoed a boy in the back.
“Death to the Heretics!” Yelled Mr. Obusforme.
With that, the crowd began to chant, “Treason! Treason! Death to the heretics! Treason! Treason! Death to the heretics!” Constantine’s theme song began to play.
Constantine smiled to himself. My work here is finished.

--------------------------
Meh...It's decent for me. It's a first draft, i wrote the night before that was worth 9% of my mark :eek: . Any questions...just post.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB