Show #3 - a success story

earthman buck
earthman buck
02/02/2007 6:12 am
We just did our third show - a dance at school. The dance completely sucked, but we completely rocked. We were great on sheer volume alone (about 80% louder than the canned dance music they were playing), but we were also great because we are pretty cool.

At the end, we signed the set list and made kids fight over it for our amusement.

Junior high girls like us. Tee hee!
# 1
acapella
acapella
02/02/2007 8:09 am
Well Brendon, you ARE the hottest knot. ;)

But yeah, it went pretty awesomely. Avril said that it was our best show so far, and our friends from another band (the same ones that gave us our first show) said that "you just made that other band look f***ing awful." Because, yeah, I guess Brendon didn't mention another band played before us, and they weren't so great. And of course, we were. So great, that is. The only problem is, once again, they wouldn't turn up the mic loud enough. But it did go quite well.

Oh, and there were people our age there too, in case you were wondering. Just that Brendon likes to keep the young'ns for himself. :)
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/02/2007 9:10 am
Well done, guys! Sounds like you're getting a bit of a live reputation - always a good sign!

Are you still planning to post recordings of your songs at some point?
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
acapella
acapella
02/02/2007 9:22 am
Yeah, I was gonna say...now that this show is over, we should have some time to record before we have to start practicing for the next one. Next one could be next month, later this month, April...the next one that we know for sure is in June, but there's some other stuff between now and then being talked about. Don't worry though, you should be getting your Greasy fixage soon.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 4
aschleman
aschleman
02/02/2007 6:38 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraAwesome!

It'll be better when girls your own age start liking your music; getting into the knickers of the young'ns tends to be frowned upon/illegal. ;)

It's only illegal until they turn 18... Granted, we're talking about junior high girls..... But by the time the Knots are out in college doing there thing... those weee little ones will be just be coming of legal age.......

Congrats on the killer show guys!! Awesome to hear!! When you guys start planning your nation wide tour let me know and I'll talk to some of my connections to bring the Knots to West Lafayette!!! haha!!
# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/02/2007 8:37 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanIt's only illegal until they turn 18... Granted, we're talking about junior high girls..... But by the time the Knots are out in college doing there thing... those weee little ones will be just be coming of legal age.......

'Twill be a golden age for the Greasy Knots.

I was just thinking, the ages of our fans seem to change with each show. The first one, it was all girls roughly our age. The second show it was middle-aged men and their wives. This last one was junior-high girls.

Our upcoming show at the maternity ward will be a surefire hit!
# 6
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/05/2007 3:30 am
Way to go. Wish i could witness the greased lightning. :D
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 7
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/05/2007 8:12 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyWay to go. Wish i could witness the greased lightning. :D

I just had a vision of the Greasy Knots playing a cover of that song from Grease :eek:
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.