View post (Economics)

View thread

guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/12/2007 6:08 pm
The techer is definetely a big part of it. He has very liberal views, often I agree 100% with. And he makes everything really interesting. Another thing is he has taught us how many problems there are in the country right now, and how the government isn't doing anything about them. Its kind of scary how there are a lot of huge problems which a lot of people don't know anything about. For example, by the year 2010, there will be more retirees than workers. Which basicly means by the time The young generation is retired, there will be no money left for social security or medicare. Especially the way the government is spending way more than they gain in revenue, resulting in huge deficits, and owing of huge sums of money to other countries. SO they are basicly irresponsibly spending money they don't have.

Econ is required in our school(9th grade), though it was only for the first half of the school year, I'm glad it was required, but now I have to take civics, which I'm far less excited about.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?