ahh i cant make myself revise

Fret spider
Fret spider
01/10/2007 9:15 pm
i have no motivation an exams are in 6 days. y is uni so hard

i have no motivation untill the day before, this makes life hard. very hard. anyone have revision tips cos i really need them at the moment.
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
01/11/2007 2:47 am
I had the same problem when I was preparing for the HSC just recently, and I'm afraid there's no hard and fast answer, it's different for everybody... the way I motivated myself was to look at brochures and websites for Uni degrees I wanted to get into, which would encourage me to try my hardest to study so I could go to University. The fact that you're already in University makes things more complicated, haha... do you have a dream career that you want to start after Uni, or some sort of academic award that you could strive for, or something like that? I guess you could do the same thing with those.

Sorry if this is useless :o. Hope I helped a little.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/11/2007 3:11 am
Is uni like college here in the US? If so, you payed for the damn classes so make sure you don't have to take em again! :D
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/11/2007 3:36 am
Yeah, I used to always procrastinate studying and doing assignments as well.
If I have facts I need to remember, I'll re-write them repeatedly. You might try that and/or typing it out. Supposedly the most efficient method of memory is using mnemonic devices, as in associating things with unrelated things of your choice that are easy to recall.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 4
ren
ren
01/11/2007 8:58 am
Originally Posted by: Fret spider...anyone have revision tips cos i really need them at the moment.

How about - you'd better revise because if you fail you've wasted money, and more importantly time on the course? If that doesn't motivate you, nothing will... :D

As for the actual mechanics of it, when I last had to revise for an exam, I found it helpful to re-write my notes - condensing them to the bits that I didn't quite have in my memory. Then if you have time, you repeat the process until the amount you have to read is actually very small because you know the rest already...

The mnemonic idea didn't work for me, because you've still got the remember the unrelated item to recall stuff from memory... My brain won't do that efficiently...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
01/11/2007 9:55 am
most times the problem lies with people trying too hard, just relax, don't do anything, just sit back and don't think

then get up, grab a book and start reading, cause the best way to learn is to simply start and the rest will come much easier
= good music is good drinking =
# 6
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/11/2007 5:33 pm
i am goin to try to say this without soundin up myself and anal. here we go

all through scholl i have basically coasted. didnt do much work but was bright enough to do well. even first yr uni i didnt do much work, and still did well. i was kinda hopin i wouldnt do well in first yr ( which doesnt really matter) makin me think oh sh#t i need to work. but i still found i was able to cram a subject into about 3 days.

so i dont feel pressure.

but at the same time its harder this time. much, but i still kinda feel if i leave it to the last minuet ill pull through.

logically i know i have to work now, but i don feel as if i do.

sayin tht revision today went way better. i banned myself from turinin the computer on and from switchin on the tv or from pickin up my guitar. and without distractions i did a fair few hours about 8.

so maybe there is hope.
# 7
ren
ren
01/11/2007 5:41 pm
I know what you mean.... but you don't want to learn the lesson by failing. When I was at Uni I was the same as you by the sounds of it... and luckily I came out with a 2:1.

A couple of my friends were I think more intelligent than me, but didn't do enough and got 2:2's - which caused them problems. If the grade isn't too important, then cool. If it is, I reckon the worst thing would be to get a bad mark, and know you could have done more.....

Still, it's all balance... all work & no play and all that....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 8
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/12/2007 9:26 pm
its goijn alrite now, i ban myself from anythin fun and then i have nothin to do but revise. it seems to work. as soon as i say check my emails, i dont work any more. so the trick is to not start somethin fun
# 9
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/12/2007 10:14 pm
thanx, although i wouldnt go so far as to say goin well just not bad at the mo.
# 10
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/12/2007 10:50 pm
Originally Posted by: Fret spiderthanx, although i wouldnt go so far as to say goin well just not bad at the mo.

hmm... if you're online here, I suspect that you are not studying, yes? :p
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
01/13/2007 3:52 am
someone ban him from GT, maybe that'll help
= good music is good drinking =
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.