The Disception of Metal

DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
01/11/2007 6:59 pm
Originally Posted by: halo71Who me?? I like all kinds of music. Except rap that is and some of the hardcore metal I dont like. But other than that I listen to rock jazz, blues, country and metal.

"Does Phil Collins play an instrument?"

Drums, trumpet, bass....I think some of his older solo albums he played ALL of the instruments on!
Naw! I not picking on you personaily just all the shallow minded young kids that say everything else besides (what ever) is crap.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 1
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/11/2007 8:12 pm
I would be willing to bet that more than half the members here can't read sheet music. I can, but not for guitar. As its been said, reading sheet music has nothing to do with how well you compose or play.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 2
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/11/2007 8:19 pm
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI would be willing to bet that more than half the members here can't read sheet music. I can, but not for guitar. As its been said, reading sheet music has nothing to do with how well you compose or play.

i wouldnt go far as to say readin sheet music has nothin to do with composin music. but its definitely not the only factor,
# 3
halo71
halo71
01/11/2007 8:35 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONENaw! I not picking on you personaily just all the shallow minded young kids that say everything else besides (what ever) is crap.

Ha! I dont fall into that category! I will be 36 in a few weeks! :cool:
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/11/2007 8:36 pm
Being able to read and write sheet music is proabably a must for classical composers since a lot of stuff is written down first then played. But for metal riffs, can't really be done that way.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
01/11/2007 8:38 pm
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI would be willing to bet that more than half the members here can't read sheet music. I can, but not for guitar. As its been said, reading sheet music has nothing to do with how well you compose or play.

This is very True
I only read tab! And Im Awesome!! :D
# 6
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
01/11/2007 8:39 pm
Originally Posted by: halo71Ha! I dont fall into that category! I will be 36 in a few weeks! :cool:
So you will Fart Dust like me. LMAO :p
# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/11/2007 8:42 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONESo you will Fart Dust like me. LMAO :p

Ever seen Jackass 2? :D
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 8
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
01/11/2007 8:50 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccEver seen Jackass 2? :D
Ha, Not yet is it good?
# 9
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/11/2007 9:34 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONEHa, Not yet is it good?

Dude...go out and buy it now! The only thing I didn't like about it is the fact that they used high def camera's on some of the movie. It makes a lot of the stuff they did look fake.

I just remembered I had this video on my Myspace, Its called Metal By Numbers (its a music video) and its hilarious, yet 100% true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chiVMrWMHko

Myspace
# 10
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
01/11/2007 9:36 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccDude...go out and buy it now! The only thing I didn't like about it is the fact that they used high def camera's on some of the movie. It makes a lot of the stuff they did look fake.

I just remembered I had this video on my Myspace, Its called Metal By Numbers (its a music video) and its hilarious, yet 100% true.

Sweet Bro!
# 11
polansky
polansky
01/11/2007 10:53 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccI just remembered I had this video on my Myspace, Its called Metal By Numbers (its a music video) and its hilarious, yet 100% true.

That is a great part of metal... it's so easy to make fun of it.

But to sum up, I think we'll have this same conversation if all bands sounded like old Metallica (except from them), or Maiden... if I recall this thread was about metalheads talking crap of other bands, and we ended up talking crap of metal or so called metal bands.

My suggestion would be if you dig it, buy it, if you don't go to other section.

Music is important and the concern of having high quality music around, must be talked like in this place, and more importantly, done by people like us that want and know how to rise the bar, but there's plenty of material out there to enjoy, apreciate, and even make fun off.

I love music, and we must have the eye on the prize... quality.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 12
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/11/2007 11:02 pm
Originally Posted by: polanskyThat is a great part of metal... it's so easy to make fun of it.

But to sum up, I think we'll have this same conversation if all bands sounded like old Metallica (except from them), or Maiden... if I recall this thread was about metalheads talking crap of other bands, and we ended up talking crap of metal or so called metal bands.

My suggestion would be if you dig it, buy it, if you don't go to other section.

Music is important and the concern of having high quality music around, must be talked like in this place, and more importantly, done by people like us that want and know how to rise the bar, but there's plenty of material out there to enjoy, apreciate, and even make fun off.

I love music, and we must have the eye on the prize... quality.

You said it brother.

Myspace
# 13
BLS33
BLS33
01/11/2007 11:17 pm
Alls I was saying is I feel if you make a living playing and writing music you should be able to read sheet music. I dont know maybe thats an old fashioned point of view. I think some of it may stem from me being a huge Frank Zappa fan, and he did need to be able to, he wouldnt have been able to get by with tabs.
# 14
polansky
polansky
01/12/2007 7:22 am
Originally Posted by: BLS33Alls I was saying is I feel if you make a living playing and writing music you should be able to read sheet music. I dont know maybe thats an old fashioned point of view. I think some of it may stem from me being a huge Frank Zappa fan, and he did need to be able to, who wouldnt have been able to get by with tabs.

I guess it's just what it takes man... being a musicisian is about a whole... reading is a very important part of being one, it's a lenguaje... I feel ya, belive me, and no I don't think is old fashion... being well eduacated will never be even close to be fashion... it's a state of mind.

HAving people thinking like you not only would make better musicians, but it also make this world a better place.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.