The Beatles - "Love"

earthman buck
earthman buck
01/04/2007 5:32 am
Holy. Crap.

This is really an amazing CD. If you haven't heard what it is, let me explain it:

Love is basically a rundown of some of the Beatles' best known songs, only reworked. While some of them are pretty much the same as the originals, just polished a bit ("A Day In the Life," "I Am the Walrus," "Help!"), many of the songs are in fact several Beatles songs mixed together. One of my favourites is the version of "Get Back" which starts out with the opening chord of "A Hard Day's Night" and then features the crescendo from "A Day In the Life," which builds and builds.....right up into "Get Back" itself. Awesome.

Another kickass track is the "Within You, Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" mash-up, which has the trance-inducing drum & bass groove from "Tomorrow Never Knows" with the words and occasional sitar twangs of "Within You, Without You."

Um, what else is there......

-"Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing" - I'm listening to this right now. It's amazing how well the three songs fit together.

-A shortened live version of "I Want to Hold Your Hand"

-Acoustic versions of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Strawberry Fields Forever"

-The beginning of "Blackbird" moving seamlessly into "Yesterday"

-"Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!"; which moves into a mixed together "I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter" outro

Plus like, a zillion more. Twenty-six tracks listed, and you can recognize bits of solos from unlisted songs playing in the background in a few tracks. And I'm only on my second listen.

All this for only $16. Canadian.

If you are a Beatles fan, buy this. Buy ten.
# 1
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
01/04/2007 6:45 am
a friend of mine went to vegas to see the show "Love"....she said it is amazing!!! each seat in the theater has a speaker for each ear and one in front of you. she said it was like George was in her lap whispering to her :rolleyes: i definately am going to get it. the story is George Harrison saw Cirque de Sole' in vegas and dug it and came up with an idea for a beatles music inspired one...unfortunately he died before it came to be, but the music was mastered by the master George Martin himself...i guess the show and sound is out of this world.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 2
acapella
acapella
01/08/2007 5:36 pm
I'll get it eventually, but I'll get the other Beatles albums first, because if you don't know the songs really well you probably can't appreciate it as much.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.