Way to start the new year

Kathmandu
Kathmandu
01/03/2007 8:04 pm
Ya, we we're supossed to head back to school today after winter break, but of course as soon as we showed up there were gunshots and we were crammed into the gym on lock down. One kid came to school with a gun and shot this guy in the chest. He just died. We had our own privet legion of 30 or 40 police cars and buses to ship us off to where ever they considered safe. Anyway, I left and came home so now I'm here. Another person's dead, time goes on by. It's really interesting how easy life can come and go. Think about how much you drive in a lifetime, and think of every oppertunity there is to die. On the road you can move your hands and if you want, you're as good as dead. My kitty kat cleo sits on my lap, and it would be so easy to just squeeze a little harder and end her life. Last year one of my friends just moved her finger about an inch to squeeze the trigger of the gun that left her mind in her lap all stained with blood. One Little inch of movement and she's dead. If you got into a fight whats stopping you from not stopping. What if you just kept going until you're both dead. I was experimenting with some of this stuff and it really is interesting. I stopped eating for 10 days to see how things would play out. I started eating again today but I threw up when I first tried this morning. I kind of feel like like running and dying just to know what it feels like to die. Just stopping. Not even suicide, just stopping. Ya, have you ever thought that maybe it's worthless the amount of death. Whenever I try to think i get sad. Sorry.

I really Like This picture, but it's also sad.
War?
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
01/03/2007 8:10 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/03/school.shooting/index.html
# 2
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/03/2007 8:10 pm
Wow...glad your safe dude.

I think it's good to think of stuff like this...analyzing things makes you more aware and inquisistive.

Just remember though, it's easy when thinking like this to ditch common sense...it's easy to think of a poison as a few molecules, but once you swallow it you die...IT's interesting to know how it feels to die-but then your dead, and you'll never feel anything else.

There's so much to factor in...emotions, consequences, circumstance.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
01/03/2007 8:19 pm
As I read your post and read the story on CNN... This Third Eye Blind song came to mind.... It's "Slow Motion" particularly the first verse.

Miss Jones taught me English
But I think I just shot her son
'Cause he owed me money
With a bullet in the chest you cannot run
Now he's bleeding in a vacant lot
The one in the summer where we used to smoke pot
I guess I didn't mean it
But man, you should've seen it
His flesh explode

Slow motion, see me let go
We tend to die young
What a brother knows

Now the cops will get me
But girl, if you would let me
I'll take your pants off
I got a little bit of blow we could both get off
Later bathing in the afterglow
Two lines of coke I cut with Draino
And her nose starts to bleed
A most beautiful ruby red

We'll remember these days
Urban life decays

And at home
My sister's eating paint chips again
Maybe that's why she's insane
I shut the door to her moaning
And I shoot smack in my veins
Wouldn't you
See my neighbor's beating his wife
Because he hates his life
There's an arc to his fist as he swings
Oh man, what a beautiful thing

And death slides close to me
Won't grow old to be
A junkie wino creep
Hollywood glamorized my wrath
I'm a young urban psychopath
I incite murder for your entertainment
'Cause I needed the money
What's your excuse
The joke's on you

Oh yeah
# 4
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
01/03/2007 8:52 pm
dude thats insane..what was the offender's problem?
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 5
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/03/2007 10:13 pm
The school says...
"We've never had anything like this, but we're prepared because of all the drills we do," Holmgren said.

..but a student said:
I saw a girl running out of the cafeteria just screaming that someone was going to shoot her," another student said. "And then she ran down the stairs of the courtyard and just went home."

That doesn't sound like the students were prepared at all. It sounds to me like your school system's spokesperson is full of sh*t.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/03/2007 10:41 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiThe school says...

..but a student said:

That doesn't sound like the students were prepared at all. It sounds to me like your school system's spokesperson is full of sh*t.

Well, a drill is one thing, when your life is in danger its another. If there was a shooting at my old school, I'd deffintaly would head to the doors and run like hell instead of "calmly walking to the auditorium" or whatever the thing was. I think getting out of there is a lot smarter than sticking around and giving the shooter a chance to walk in the room and start shooting.

Sorry you had to go through that Kathmandu, especially since one of your friends took their own life. I don't wanna be a jerk but you should talk to someone to help you get through all this.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 7
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
01/04/2007 2:42 am
Our school system is really just full of crap. They couldn't even decide were to take us afterword. I had to sit on a bus forever just to be told it was a mistake and to get off. And about help and what not, worse things have happened, it's really not a super huge deal. (Well, I shouldn't say that because to many people it's a very very big deal, But in retrospect, It's not to big.) :confused:
War?
# 8
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/04/2007 5:17 am
Wow. I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that, man. That really sucks.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.