tattoo ideas

quickfingers
quickfingers
12/31/2006 7:42 am
ive decided to stop being lazy and to start getting tattoo work done on myself. instead of getting stupid little things that impulsively pop into my head, i really wanted to create a theme, at least for part of my body. this might sound morbid as hell, but i really wanted to sleeve part of my arm with alot of apocalypctic sh*t. i thought of starting with something real simple like this:

i also wanted to get a tattoo of a scientist with a gun to the pope's head, just because i think thats rad as hell as a message i suppose.

what do you guys think? im meeting with a few artists to talk about combining them to interweave them together, and kindof create a general theme, just with the aspect of death in a mass perspective. i just want to get a good idea of what it would look like on my body obviously...hah.

anyone else interested in getting tattoos or have any interesting ones to speak of?
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/31/2006 9:08 am
Depends on how old you are. Personally, I'd wait until I was in my mid 20's at least. Before that you don't really know what direction your life is taking and a blatant radical statement stenciled permanently to your body might not be the impression you want to give 10 years from now.
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
12/31/2006 10:26 am
totally. ive given that alot of thought, but im a 19 year old with my beleifs firmly on my mind. not that looking at post-apocalyptic horror-style tattoos exemplify my beleifs, but i would like to be reminded of what a sh*thole we live in on a daily basis before i set out to mingle in it. and what a better way to start the day than drinking coffee than a super-atom bomb destroying billions of people on your forearm?

i wouldnt mind it, at least.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
12/31/2006 1:11 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingerstotally. ive given that alot of thought, but im a 19 year old with my beleifs firmly on my mind. not that looking at post-apocalyptic horror-style tattoos exemplify my beleifs, but i would like to be reminded of what a sh*thole we live in on a daily basis before i set out to mingle in it. and what a better way to start the day than drinking coffee than a super-atom bomb destroying billions of people on your forearm?

i wouldnt mind it, at least.

Well, I tend to agree with Schmange. I'd give it a little time before going in that direction. It's easy to display that sort of thing when you're a younger man. Not so easy when you're in your mid-40's and standing in a conference room giving 'last quarters' results. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. But I would just think a little about it. As far as a daily reminder of what a sh*thole we live in, just pick up the paper.

I know a lady in my office who was passed over for a promotion because she had one of those tribal thingies on her neck. The reason they passed her over was because it just wasn't the sort of image they wanted to present to their customers. She tried to sue and the companies decision was upheld.

Just something to think about.

One other thing; what does it say about me that I find that second image in your post to be totally hot? I'm a sick, sick man... :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 4
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/31/2006 2:45 pm
See, the smart thing to do is.. take a girl with you.
Arrange with the tattoo guy beforehand to give you an 'inkless' tattoo. Then tell your girlfriend you're going to get her name tattoo'd on your arm in blood.
After it's done, you'll see the tattoo for a coupla weeks until the wound heals.
Meantime, the girl is so impressed with how much you were willing to sacrifice for her, you end up getting laid for the entire week.
Then ya dump her and move on to the next one. :D
# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
12/31/2006 7:48 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60One other thing; what does it say about me that I find that second image in your post to be totally hot? I'm a sick, sick man... :)

Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

High-five.
# 6
quickfingers
quickfingers
12/31/2006 8:40 pm
HAHA. excellent idea, actually. i think some random girl that i decided to get tattoo'ed into my bicep would probably be creeped out by my willingness to do it so readilly. hah. plusssss, ive been dating my girlfriend for a few years, so im okay in the "getting laid" category. now...as my marriage starts to go downhill, maybe ill seek your advice and it will work just as well!

well, i have kept "future job prospects" in mind, considering that i plan on teaching guitar to young kids, so i dont know exactly if i should have these weird-ass tattoos, but as far as corporate-jobs are concerned....ill wear longsleeve. :cool:
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 7
earthman buck
earthman buck
12/31/2006 10:30 pm
My dad works in/around a prison, and he said this one tattoo artist convict had a tattoo on his arm of a nun flashing her boobs. I always found that kinda funny.

/random story
# 8
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
12/31/2006 11:02 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeSee, the smart thing to do is.. take a girl with you.
Arrange with the tattoo guy beforehand to give you an 'inkless' tattoo. Then tell your girlfriend you're going to get her name tattoo'd on your arm in blood.
After it's done, you'll see the tattoo for a coupla weeks until the wound heals.
Meantime, the girl is so impressed with how much you were willing to sacrifice for her, you end up getting laid for the entire week.
Then ya dump her and move on to the next one. :D

I like the way you think! :cool:
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 9
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/01/2007 6:47 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckMy dad works in/around a prison, and he said this one tattoo artist convict had a tattoo on his arm of a nun flashing her boobs. I always found that kinda funny.

/random story

That's so Terry Gilliam.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.