First Gig...completed

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
12/17/2006 9:21 pm
Yep, i haven't been around much, so here's whats up.

We've been practising all week. At the beginning of the week we signed on a rythym guitarist. So the time we could have been learning our songs, we were teaching them to him.

So...we were asked to play at a legion dance that our bud was having just to get with some old friends in the area, which happened last night. We agreed. We find out on friday that our PA deal fell through...

...but conviently enough, our new guitarists dad owns the local music shop. The guy running the dance got the rental for $50. w00t.

So we show up and unload at the legion. From 7:30-9:30 there were only about 30 people there...we were discouraged but played our first set. Around 10:30 there were about 80 people so we played our second set and had people dancing and stuff. Most of them really liked us.

Our keyboardists dad taped the whole thing. Stay tuned for video.

My highlight was when the bass player was trying to tell a story and drunken morons were yelling...so he yells for them to shut the f#$% up. haha.

Anyways, im suprised i made it through after only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 1
acapella
acapella
12/19/2006 8:19 pm
Cool! Can't wait for that world tour.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 2
Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/13/2007 8:45 am
Way to go. I remeber my first gig all those millenia ago. Did you get the post gig buzz and spend half the night awake afterwards. The most enjoyable bit is people dancing. This shows the music was right the sound was right everything was going right. Add to that you will get a good name at that venue and get asked back, although the bassist may have got you in to trouble. But hey you did it and you should be proud. When you getting that recording contract????? :D
:eek: [FONT=Century Gothic]Just groove, ya know ya wanna?????[/FONT] :eek:
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/14/2007 6:42 am
I should really get out of the Open Discussion section more often. I had no idea!

Glad your first gig went well, pal. I was actually thinking of Sigma the other day in math....probably because we had to learn the function of sigma. All I could think of was the upcoming world tour. :)
# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/24/2007 12:29 am
Sigma. Siiiigma.

Hate to dissapoint, but we're bobanonymous now. I love it cause everyone hates it.
The world tours with be kick ass though. I've already got people to slap us in the face to wake us up and pull the needles out of our arms when it's time to go on.

...Isn't rustee on the bill too?
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
01/24/2007 12:38 am
Very Cool Congrats! First gigs are great.. Nervous, Excited, Horrified all at once. Hope you get some more gigs soon!
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.