View post (First Gig...completed)

View thread

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
12/17/2006 9:21 pm
Yep, i haven't been around much, so here's whats up.

We've been practising all week. At the beginning of the week we signed on a rythym guitarist. So the time we could have been learning our songs, we were teaching them to him.

So...we were asked to play at a legion dance that our bud was having just to get with some old friends in the area, which happened last night. We agreed. We find out on friday that our PA deal fell through...

...but conviently enough, our new guitarists dad owns the local music shop. The guy running the dance got the rental for $50. w00t.

So we show up and unload at the legion. From 7:30-9:30 there were only about 30 people there...we were discouraged but played our first set. Around 10:30 there were about 80 people so we played our second set and had people dancing and stuff. Most of them really liked us.

Our keyboardists dad taped the whole thing. Stay tuned for video.

My highlight was when the bass player was trying to tell a story and drunken morons were yelling...so he yells for them to shut the f#$% up. haha.

Anyways, im suprised i made it through after only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB