Multi Effects

SteveP
SteveP
09/13/2001 10:23 am
I am hoping to purchase a multi effects box, being a poor student type, I don't have a hell of a lot of money, so I have been looking at the Zoom 505 Mark 2 which currently costs of about 65 UKP / 95 USD.

The 707 mark 2 is around 90 UKP / 130 USD, the 707 has an expression pedal which can be used for Wah-Wah or volume and one or two other things.

Does anyone know anything about these effects boxes? and are they worth the money?, because they are certainly cheaper than buying each effect seperatly, What can they do? Are there other pedals I should consider as well?

Does anyone know anywhere I can look at them online, or perhaps buy them online, because my local guitar shops keep giving me prices but are reluctant to get them in because their suppliers demand they get 10 at a time.
Steve P
# 1
trendkillah
trendkillah
09/13/2001 2:44 pm
Well, while the Zoom pedal are cheap and all, I would definately check out some other stuff too, like Boss and Digitech. There are a lot of different brands out there who make those little multi fx pedals, the best thing to do would be to try a couple of them, and compare them. You can easily find prices, user reviews, and info on gear online too.

I do wonder why your local guitar shops can't just order one piece at a time. Sounds to me like they are just too lazy, or don't want to bother, ordering a cheap piece of gear like that.
If you want to buy something online, check out http://www.musiciansfriend.com

Greetz, TK
# 2
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/13/2001 8:20 pm
Hehehehe, what ever you get, i'll go buy something better...
(he started it... we used to just play cheap electrics, and then he went and bought a realy cool electroacoustic, and now i'm jelous...not to mention he's taller than me)...
Yeah, so youve talked to the blonde guy in "secret music" I told you he said he couldn't order on their own. The really upesting thing was that he had two 707s and sold them for £85 each...damn!
I've been looking at effects, whammy's sound quite cool. I did get to play with some effects a while back, it was 1010 (i told you about this ages ago, and you said it was the predecesor for the 505, 707 etc), the chorus on it is prety good, and there's a really cool "feedback" thingy, cool, sounding compresion, but it all does sound really cool.
Any one know anything about 808?
Making pedals for absolute beginers (dont laugh)?
# 3
SteveP
SteveP
09/14/2001 8:38 am
Is that the one grufty has?
which he has now officialy stolen from Mr. prosthetic head?
Steve P
# 4
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/14/2001 10:45 am
it's not stolen from vulture faced prosthetic head. He's borrowed it from him about Christmas 2000, and he's gonna give it back when Mr p.head asks for it back, and so far he hasn't.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.