Hello everyone ...

Gabriel_S
Gabriel_S
12/10/2006 8:15 pm
Was just surfing the web looking for different guitar lesson sites, I'm always open to new ideas and was just wondering what all the advanced members thoughts are on this site. I've dished out a lot of cash for on line tuturials and home DVD courses, find one or 2 things on each that I like but that's about it. So needless to say I'm very careful about dishing out cash to every single site that promises you to becoming a guitar god in 7 days or less...lol.

So to the intermediate and advanced members here, give me your thoughts, pros and cons of the tutorials here. Did the instructions and theory actually improve your playing all that much?

Yah I know, $7.50/mo isn't a lot of dough, but if you add it all up to all your other subscriptions it could get quite spendy. I'm just simply looking for ONE site to concentrate on that would actually benefit me on a daily growing basis.

Cheers
Gabriel
Without music, life is a mistake
# 1
markc2005
markc2005
12/10/2006 9:44 pm
Hi welcome to GT this is a great site for learning, if you have any questions someone on the forum should be able to help you, hope you stick around.
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
12/11/2006 12:24 am
Welcome aboard dude. :cool:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/11/2006 1:08 am
This site has great lessons and if you subscribed I don't think you'd need another online site. Here they have lessons from virtually every genre and are always adding new vids and even new instructors. There is an area of this forum where you can go once you subscribe to request a lesson that you may want to see if you are having trouble finding something specific. The instructors here are held to a high standard. I have learned alot the last few months. No site or even a great teacher can turn you into an elite player overnight. It takes time and good practice. I hope you decide to stay. :)
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
12/11/2006 3:52 am
welcome aboard! and yes this is an amazing site to learn...you gain alot from the tutorials...i know i did..regret u wont!
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 5
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/11/2006 4:41 am
Welcome to the site!
I think this site is well worth the investment. There's a broad range of high-quality instructors from all over the world. And the general community here in the forum is also a huge resource, who you can turn to for questions and leisure.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 6
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
12/11/2006 7:46 pm
Welcome to GT! Hope you like it here. From what I've heard from everybody else, it's great value for money.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 7
Gabriel_S
Gabriel_S
12/12/2006 1:51 am
Thanks for the feedback friends. I've decided to give it a shot and see what all the fuss is about. Looking forward to a lot of discussions and exchanges of musical ideas with everyone here. If there is a special area for members only or something you think I need to check out please let me know ;)

BTW, My roots are progressive rock, early Genesis, Moody Blues, King Crimson and the like. Also been extremely focused on blues and jazz lately. Would classify mysyelf as advanced intermediate to advanced. Also need to add that David Gilmour and Steve Hackett are my all time guitar heros.

Anywho, time to explore the site and play a bit ... :)

Peace
Gabriel
Without music, life is a mistake
# 8
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/12/2006 3:02 am
There is a forum section called Full Access Subscriber, but it's not a real high traffic part. It's mainly for questions about the site, problems you might have, lesson requests, that sort of thing.
Have fun with the lessons!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.