probably not your guys' style, but....

quickfingers
quickfingers
12/10/2006 8:01 pm
i wrote this song a few days ago and i just put it up on my music page. its hiphop, but i wouldnt like to think of it as stupid top 20 bullsh*t that i despise so much. im a big fan of underground hiphop so thats where my influences lie (ie; nonphixion, immortal technique). check it out and tell me what you think!

www.myspace.com/thechadvandykeexperience
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
12/10/2006 8:53 pm
Actually, I liked it a lot, and I'm not that big on hip-hop! The lyrics had some good imagery, and the piano line in conjunction with the synth waves (if that's what they were :o) was really atmospheric.

For some reason, it reminded me of a Ghostface Killah song I once heard. You like him?
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
12/10/2006 9:06 pm
yea, very much so. i like the powerful ability hiphop can have to make you feel raw emotion. listen to "the 4th branch" by immortal technique and you cant help but get immersed into what he's saying, and thats why ive kept my mind open to all kinds of music. i can put korn and pantera on a pedestal and give them both props for different reasons (while some guitarists may not like me for doing so). but yea, back to the point. i love ghostface. the connection is there. thanks for the feedback.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
equator
equator
12/10/2006 10:26 pm
Although Hip-Hop is not my style of music, I have to say that the beat is good and I specially liked the keys. Did you use FL STUDIO?.
I had my guitar with me and I was jamming over that Am-Dm-E7 progression.
Cheers!
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
12/11/2006 12:28 am
nah, i just recorded it with cubase. i just used my keyboard's direct 1/4'' output into my mixer, then through my input device into the computer. nothing really special, but my keyboard is real awesome with making drumbeats. the auto fills they have for user-created beats are awesome and real functional. other than that, just a looped piano riff and some sound clips. and vocal stylings, of course :)
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5
middlez
middlez
12/11/2006 9:57 pm
this is a cool track mate !
i was expecting a lead guitar to come blustering in out-of nowhere like a bull in a china shop but thankfully it stayed in its field !
great feel to it , were you using the grungelizer on cubase ?
it had that scratched vinyl sound to it !
# 6
jrvipond
jrvipond
12/11/2006 10:17 pm
Yeah great beats though try to make the vocals louder of the drums slightly quieter coz one's drowning the other out. Good work though!
http://www.myspace.com/impostorsuk
# 7
quickfingers
quickfingers
12/11/2006 11:29 pm
haha yea, i used the grungatizer. welll, the only reason i mess around with other genres of music is when i dont feel like playing guitar, so its like my off time music. haha, plus its kindof hard to put anything remotely awe-inspiring in hiphop music, becuase most of the people that dig it arent exactly musically inclined...although i do think it would be rad to mess with some weird time sigs.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.