Who could build this?

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
12/10/2006 3:06 am
Ok so where could i get a 7-string,24fret,quilted maple guitar with gold hardware,piezo equipped, an ebony fretboard, body bindings,H/S/H pickup configuration, i havent decided on the body wood, the colour or the inlay because this is going to be my pretty much dream guitar and its gotta be perfect. Also, id want to have an S series type of body because they are thin and comfortable. I would want an Ibanez Presige 7 neck but they dont have ebony fretboards. Also if it could some way be roland GK equipped that would be cool but not really a priority
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/10/2006 8:12 am
well,you could get that built by many luthiers and/or custom shops, but it will not be cheap. Esp offer this sort of thing, and thye used to have a pricfe calculator type thing on their website, www.espguitars.com where you could select what you wanted in your guitar (i.e. 7 string, ebony fretboard etc, and they would give an estimate of how much it would cost). As far as I know, Carvin do this sort of thing as well, and would probably be my first choice, as they are very reasonably priced and make gear of amazing quality.

Other than that, PRS private stock could make you a guitar of your specs, but that would cost a whole lot,and I think you'd have to order through your nearest PRS dealer...it would be very nice tho.

I could give you details for many British luthiers who would build that guitar for you, but since you're in Canada, you'd probably want an american or canadian luthier to build it, to save on shipping costs, and also to allow yourself a more active role in the process, that said, check out www.nathanshppardguitars.com and www.mansonguitars.com to see the kind of thing coming out of England at the moment.

you lucky bugger, hope this works out for you.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
12/11/2006 3:56 am
Wow i checked out carvin and i can get REALLY close to my dream guitar and i think it costs less than 2 grand which is a huge surprise for me. The only thing im not sure if they have for a floyd guitar is Piezos and if i could get a 5 way switchthe others are pretty swell but i havent playd a carvin neck before i want to see if they are as great as i hear so i gotta find a place that has a carvin and try it if so this thing will come together
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/14/2006 12:42 pm
good luck with that mate...but if you're paying so much for it, make sure it is exactly what you want. They'll be able to put a 5 way switch in, and I'm sure they make 7 string Floyd Roses with piezo saddles...it'll just cost
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.