View post (Who could build this?)

View thread

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/10/2006 8:12 am
well,you could get that built by many luthiers and/or custom shops, but it will not be cheap. Esp offer this sort of thing, and thye used to have a pricfe calculator type thing on their website, www.espguitars.com where you could select what you wanted in your guitar (i.e. 7 string, ebony fretboard etc, and they would give an estimate of how much it would cost). As far as I know, Carvin do this sort of thing as well, and would probably be my first choice, as they are very reasonably priced and make gear of amazing quality.

Other than that, PRS private stock could make you a guitar of your specs, but that would cost a whole lot,and I think you'd have to order through your nearest PRS dealer...it would be very nice tho.

I could give you details for many British luthiers who would build that guitar for you, but since you're in Canada, you'd probably want an american or canadian luthier to build it, to save on shipping costs, and also to allow yourself a more active role in the process, that said, check out www.nathanshppardguitars.com and www.mansonguitars.com to see the kind of thing coming out of England at the moment.

you lucky bugger, hope this works out for you.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]