Quick one

Drew77
Drew77
12/06/2006 6:15 pm
hey, I have a quick question regarding sweeping. I know there is a sweep question on here every other day but I have searched and searched and can;t find anything for this.

My question is in regards to consecutive notes on the same fret, I am having a ton of trouble playing these and I can;t seem to figure it out. particularly when I have to tun around on these notes. I mean if there is a note on the b string 10 fret and then g string 10 fret and you have to turn around on the g string. I tried pretty much everything, but there has to be something I am missing. Every video either doesn't have this particular instance or it is some guy showing off so he is playing so fast you can't even tell what he is doing.

Anyway any suggestions n how to play this correctly would be incredibly appreciated thanks.
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
12/06/2006 10:43 pm
The trick is to roll your finger.

For example:
if the arp looks like this:
-------13---
----12------
-12---------

You would use the tip of your 1st finger to play the 12, then roll your finger so the tip stops sounding the 12 and the part right above the first joint of your finger (see below) hits the 12 on the next string.

-O O
|---| <--- right here
|---|
|---|
|---|
|---|
|---|
|---|

If thats confusing to understand, someone else please help explain. :o
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.