Hello Again

guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
12/05/2006 2:56 am
Hey,
I used to come here quite a bit and than I went through a horrible phase in which I didn't really feel like playing guitar much, and just wasn't as excited by it anymore. But luckily I am out of that phase. I really enjoy playing again, I got a new guitar yesterday, its really sweet. Its a Schecter C-1 Classic

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM03/Content/Schecter/PR/C-1-Classic-DVS-lg.jpg

Anyways, I look forward to once again becoming an active member on the forums.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
12/05/2006 3:20 am
I don't mean to freak you out, but get used to that whole losing interest thing. It's probably a bigger problem to the guitar community than carpal friggin tunnel.

Welcome back to the boards, anyhow!
# 2
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
12/05/2006 5:20 am
awesome axe...it is pretty...simply pretty....welcome back
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
12/05/2006 5:30 am
There was a few times in my first year of learning that I lost interest from time to time and wouldn't touch the guitar for a day or two. But I've gone to a lot more concerts/shows since then, and I never feel uninspired.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
12/05/2006 8:09 pm
thanks, I should probably mention I won't be very active this month starting friday, because I'll be staying at my friend's house for a couple of weeks and I don't know how much I'll be able to use the computer.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 5
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/05/2006 8:31 pm
I'm so burnt out on guitar right now. The only thing that motivates me to do anything on guitar is the fact I'm going to school with it. I'm so glad this semseter is over, I probably will barely play anything challenging the whole break. Its all worth it though, sticking with it is the only way to improve. Although I hate guitar a little right now (hopes not to be smited by the guitar gods) I've gotten a lot better with the two hours of constant classical practice everyday. The benefits from being miserable for the past month or so have paid of three times fold though. Good luck.

# 6
acapella
acapella
12/05/2006 8:52 pm
If it helps, I never really practice except at band practice and when I look over and say "hey, a guitar" and start playing it, and I've turned out just fine, so I wouldn't worry too much about the whole not feeling motivated enough to practice for hours on end thing.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 7
Gabriel_S
Gabriel_S
12/10/2006 8:09 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyI'm so burnt out on guitar right now. The only thing that motivates me to do anything on guitar is the fact I'm going to school with it. I'm so glad this semseter is over, I probably will barely play anything challenging the whole break. Its all worth it though, sticking with it is the only way to improve. Although I hate guitar a little right now (hopes not to be smited by the guitar gods) I've gotten a lot better with the two hours of constant classical practice everyday. The benefits from being miserable for the past month or so have paid of three times fold though. Good luck.

Well practice is essential on improving your playing. I found that if I practice too much at one sitting though a lot of the stuff just doesn't sink in. I find it much more practical and fullfilling to dedicating maybe 20 minutes per sitting to the guitar, absorb everything then come back to it a few hours later. Burn out normally happens when you force yourself to play when you don't really want to or for extended periods of time. You really learn a lot more (Scientific evidence) with shorter practice sessions than endless hours of frustration. Your brain just finds it much more easy to absorb. Just my opinion, everyone is different :)
Without music, life is a mistake
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.