View post (Hello Again)

View thread

Gabriel_S
Gabriel_S
12/10/2006 8:09 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyI'm so burnt out on guitar right now. The only thing that motivates me to do anything on guitar is the fact I'm going to school with it. I'm so glad this semseter is over, I probably will barely play anything challenging the whole break. Its all worth it though, sticking with it is the only way to improve. Although I hate guitar a little right now (hopes not to be smited by the guitar gods) I've gotten a lot better with the two hours of constant classical practice everyday. The benefits from being miserable for the past month or so have paid of three times fold though. Good luck.

Well practice is essential on improving your playing. I found that if I practice too much at one sitting though a lot of the stuff just doesn't sink in. I find it much more practical and fullfilling to dedicating maybe 20 minutes per sitting to the guitar, absorb everything then come back to it a few hours later. Burn out normally happens when you force yourself to play when you don't really want to or for extended periods of time. You really learn a lot more (Scientific evidence) with shorter practice sessions than endless hours of frustration. Your brain just finds it much more easy to absorb. Just my opinion, everyone is different :)
Without music, life is a mistake