alucard0941
DEMONIAC
jiujitsu_jesus
WrigglerUK
The Allmighty Zach
quickfingers
equator
6strngs_2hmbkrs

This one was a little tougher. Thanks to everyone who participated. Everyone did a great job.
As always do not vote for yourself!!!
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
12/03/2006 1:10 am
This was an extremely tough backing track to play over, but you all managed to come up with something awesome! I have to say that this competition has given me the best month's listening I've had in ages!

While all orf your takes were just great (and I'm not just saying that, believe me), there were three in particular that stood out:

#Alucard: An exceptionally creative and technically accomplished take, with some very original-sounding licks and some great ripping passages.

#Wriggler UK: Probably one of the most melodic and tasteful leads I've heard since the monthly solo assignment started up! Excellent phrasing and structure; my only complaint is that the link doesn't work for me anymore :p.

#Quickfingers: Again, a particularly original solo, lots of very inspired touches. Needless to say, your technical skills are also very good!

It was a really tough decision, but I ended up giving my vote to Wriggler, because his melodic ideas gave him a distinctive edge. Honourable mentions to Alucard, Quickfingers, Rgrandsire, Demoniac, Zach, Equator and 6strngs, for creating such good takes - you made this a very tough choice! Keep up the good work, everybody, and I can't wait to hear the December solos!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
WrigglerUk
WrigglerUk
12/03/2006 5:12 pm
My vote this month is for RGrandshire. It was a fiendishly difficult track, and I was very taken by the number of different approaches everyone took, great takes all round. RG's was I felt the one that was most sympathetic to the track and featured a great intro and some really nice licks.

JiujitsuJesus - thanks for the vote - my first! I will treasure it. Sorry to all for the loss of communication - I was exprimenting with a new HTML editor and managed to delete the contents of my site! It's back now (unfortunately... :rolleyes: )
Can you play "Far Far Away?"

Yes - how far would you like?
# 3
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
12/06/2006 1:15 am
Just getting this on the front page so people remember to vote. Not for nothing this was a tough track to play to and these guys takes on it are worth listening to.

I voted a few days ago for rgrandshire but my hat is off to everyone who tried this BGT. Was definitely a tough one.
# 4
equator
equator
12/06/2006 5:06 pm
My congratulations to all who participated on this month’s assignment.
Everyone did an excellent job.
After listening to all the takes, I decided to vote for The Allmighty Zach. I liked his tone, technique and the harmonized passages; some fast runs in there too.
The other takes were worthy of recognition as well.
Cheers!
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.