Yepes!

pizzicatopicker
pizzicatopicker
11/17/2006 9:54 pm
I've never seen this before. I've studied classical, though I've never seen this before. This is fantastic. I think it's safe to say that Narcisco Yepes was one of the finest guitar players to ever walk the earth. Truthfully, 6 string classical guitar playing is different, though 10 string playing is undoubtly something different. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JfuVafgkvs
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/17/2006 10:23 pm
Looks like he fused a madolin and an acoustic, nice playing. Video should be in the "Places to go, Sites to see" section though.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
11/18/2006 3:15 am
Originally Posted by: pizzicatopicker...I think it's safe to say that Narcisco Yepes was one of the finest guitar players to ever walk the earth. Truthfully, 6 string classical guitar playing is different, though 10 string playing is undoubtly something different. Enjoy!

Interesting.
Most of Tarrega's music is somewhat restrained with emphasis on melody as evident with that famous tune. Yet if only they had video of Tarrega playing his Estudio Brilliante (one of his most flashiest, fiery, virtuosic pieces) he would top many players of any era. And do you know which strings on that thing were extra (like were there extra bass or treble, or a combination)? Seemed like he never played the top 3 or 4 bass strings on that song anyways.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
Ryan Buckner
Ryan Buckner
11/19/2006 4:33 am
Yepes played that song great! Great player and a classic song.

Yeah he never played the top bass strings, I'm sure he uses them for other songs with alternate tunings.

I've never seen a classical guitar like that..pretty cool.
Ryan Buckner, Ysrafel
# 4
pizzicatopicker
pizzicatopicker
11/19/2006 6:47 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdInteresting.
Most of Tarrega's music is somewhat restrained with emphasis on melody as evident with that famous tune. Yet if only they had video of Tarrega playing his Estudio Brilliante (one of his most flashiest, fiery, virtuosic pieces) he would top many players of any era. And do you know which strings on that thing were extra (like were there extra bass or treble, or a combination)? Seemed like he never played the top 3 or 4 bass strings on that song anyways.

Actually, I have no idea. I would asume that the added strings were lower than E2... I think that's E2... Becuase the 7th string on 7 string guitars are lower... Besides, they looked like they were wound, as only the lower strings on a guitar are, not the treble strings.

I know he didnt use all of them, though he's probably played them before... Even if he didnt in that peice. Besides, think of doing barre chords with that thing!
# 5
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
11/19/2006 7:14 pm
Yep, on the classical radio station I sometimes listen to here they had some classical guys come play in the studio one time, and one of them brought an 8 string and played some stuff specifically for that range. Awesome bass work and sounded kind of like drop D or open tuning maybe on a 6 string, but yet still more range. That is the first I'd seen of a 10 string...I'd like to hear (and see) it's full potential too!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 6
pizzicatopicker
pizzicatopicker
11/20/2006 11:06 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdYep, on the classical radio station I sometimes listen to here they had some classical guys come play in the studio one time, and one of them brought an 8 string and played some stuff specifically for that range. Awesome bass work and sounded kind of like drop D or open tuning maybe on a 6 string, but yet still more range. That is the first I'd seen of a 10 string...I'd like to hear (and see) it's full potential too!

As would I!
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.