Bend muting

Trinivalts
Trinivalts
11/14/2006 2:47 pm
I have some real trouble muteing the lower strings when bending down. I just can't do that without touching the string that is below the one that I had to mute. Like I bend the 4th sting so I have to mute the 2nd, but I just can't do it without touching (thus creating unwanted noise) the 1st string. Is the only way out of this by making the whole process turtle slow?! :confused:

And I have also a weird problem when playing the minor arppegio. When I release the ring finger, (from the 5th string) after I already have picked the two notes on the starting (for me the 6th string) to pick the the next one on the 3rd string with My pinky I get fret buzz. I tryed get rid of that by playing real turtle slow, but it if I don't cocentrate or play a bit faster I get the damn fret buzz!! :mad:
# 1
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
11/14/2006 3:33 pm
Try raising the action just a bit. maybe like 3/16 of inch (strings away from fretboard) this will take care of fret buzz. As for unwanted noise you must learn palm muting with practice you can pick sweep and palm quickly hope this helps.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 2
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
11/14/2006 3:42 pm
Originally Posted by: Trinivaltsthe one that I had to mute. Like I bend the 4th sting so I have to mute the 2nd, but I just can't do it without touching (thus creating unwanted noise) the 1st string. Is the only way out of this by making the whole process turtle slow?!
some people may use a piece of cloth next to the nut on the first fret to dampen unwanted noise but it can kill sustaine.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 3
ren
ren
11/14/2006 5:21 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONEsome people may use a piece of cloth next to the nut on the first fret to dampen unwanted noise but it can kill sustaine.

And the ability to use open strings....

Just lie your hand flatter, and use the side of whatever finger you are bending with the mute the rest..... or bend with fingers 2&3 and mute everything with index barred across them all...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
Ryan Buckner
Ryan Buckner
11/15/2006 3:52 am
I have some real trouble muteing the lower strings when bending down. I just can't do that without touching the string that is below the one that I had to mute. Like I bend the 4th sting so I have to mute the 2nd, but I just can't do it without touching (thus creating unwanted noise) the 1st string. Is the only way out of this by making the whole process turtle slow?!

Try muting the strings with your fretting hand while you are bending the note. Keep your fretting index finger draped over the strings you arent playing that are below where you are playing on the fretboard. Then mute the strings above that with your picking hand.

And I have also a weird problem when playing the minor arppegio. When I release the ring finger, (from the 5th string) after I already have picked the two notes on the starting (for me the 6th string) to pick the the next one on the 3rd string with My pinky I get fret buzz. I tryed get rid of that by playing real turtle slow, but it if I don't cocentrate or play a bit faster I get the damn fret buzz!!

I would recommend taking your guitar to someone who knows how to adjust it before attempting to try it yourself.(You can take it to your local guitar shop) It is usually a very inexpensive process. They will fix you up, and get rid of that buzz.
Ryan Buckner, Ysrafel
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.