Song subjects

speedpicker88
speedpicker88
11/04/2006 3:40 pm
In your songs that you write, I was just curious as to what everyone else writes about in their songs.. I write about, anger, sometimes sadness, sometimes about war, and other songs about demanding respect, or just about the kick you get from thrash metal, and your occasional love song or I miss you song. So what does everyone else write about?
"Fire, to being whipping dance of the dead, blackened is the end, to being whipping dance of the dead, color our world Blackened."
# 1
love_ibanez
love_ibanez
11/05/2006 2:07 am
I like making songs about love, politcs, sadness, horror songs etc.
If Im feeling lonly I write about love and sadness, if Im happy and in distroying mood I write about politics and horror
# 2
whtz7196
whtz7196
11/05/2006 9:08 pm
I've never been very political - although when I played in heavier bands the music I wrote always seemed to end up that way. Now I write to synthesize my thoughts and experiences into words that everyone can relate to.

Matt
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
11/06/2006 1:54 pm
I never write about politics... ever...

Most of my songs are about personal experiences or just fictional events. I'm lucky to not have a lot of bad things happening in my life... But in that respect... people with boring lives generally don't make great songwriters... So I put myself in a lot of imaginary situations to write my songs... I imagine the emotion of the situation and different things in a situation... I've never been addicted to drugs... but I've written a few songs dealing with drug addiction... that sort of thing.
# 4
acapella
acapella
11/06/2006 5:06 pm
I mostly write about my own observations on human nature, my feelings towards others, my feelings toward myself, actual experiences I have, and of course the occasional random abstract nothingness that I pluck from my near-sleeping mind. I guess mostly I just think way too much about everything that happens 100% of the time, and then sometimes I write about it. Usually I don't realize until after I've written a song and read it over what it was about; I pretty much just write whatever comes into my head and then find out that it was about something very specific after all. I also think it's very important to keep a notebook and write down your thoughts, drawings, poems, anything that comes into your head and won't leave.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.