11/01/2006 9:41 pm
1. silentmusic
2. equator
3. da_ardvark
4. juijitsu_jesus
5. PRSplaya
6. Julian Vickers
7. Demoniac

There are two seperate polls due to the turnout. Make sure you only vote in one of the polls. Do not vote for yourself. If you do either I'm afraid we'll have to void your vote!!
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/01/2006 10:21 pm
This was an extremely hard month to vote! Everybody did such a great job on this, and I was impressed with everybody's takes! I really enjoyed hearing how everyone interpreted the song. When it all came down to it, I was stuck between maestro shaz and silentmusic. Both takes were amazing, and had different things that really stood out to me, and fit the song perfect. As much as I like maestro shaz's take, I had to go with silentmusic's. I went with his, because it had a reoccurring melody that held everything together just right. Again, it was super hard to make that decision, but for me, it all comes down to the melody within the lead, and how it fits the song. Great job everyone!!!!!!!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
WrigglerUk
WrigglerUk
11/02/2006 1:57 pm
No joke it was hard! I went for SilentMusic, for the sustained melody all through the piece and the way it held together.

I also thought Equators take was very original and different - it stood out as such.

But hell, they were all good! Well, almost... :rolleyes:
Can you play "Far Far Away?"

Yes - how far would you like?
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
11/02/2006 8:26 pm
In the end I voted for Silentmusic, but it was a tough decision, there were about five other people I was considering.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/02/2006 9:52 pm
Yeah when I heard Silentmusic's I knew it would be hard to beat. A few people got close though. Great job by everyone. :cool:
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
11/02/2006 11:46 pm
Some great tracks this month. Final 2 for me where Silent and Shaz. Shaz had a great tone and played perfectly and Silent's track was right on the money. Shame we can't vote twice but Silent's track was the one I picked after much deliberation.

I thought everyone had some great parts to there tracks. The thing that set these 2 apart for me was there wasn't anything in their takes that made me say that could have been better.
# 6
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
11/07/2006 6:41 am
I told a few of you guys I would do a take on this track...so HERE it be , even if it's late. I don't like certain phrases, but they usually tie into a better lick at some point warranting my save of that take. I was kinda wandering around at times, and could use some of ya'lls shredding licks here or there, but I have my moments...all thanks to Eric and the great track. I've been playing so much classical it felt good to try to wail some.
Work and Halloween festivities got in the way of getting it done on time...eh well, I don't deserve any votes for this one, from what I've heard of the other takes so far, but enjoy at your leisure anyways. :)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 7
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/07/2006 2:00 pm
Awesome take Rustee!! I really enjoyed that, and it should definitel have been in the voting! I'm really glad you went on and posted it either way. Great tone too! With a lot of the licks you played, I could have sworn that it was Slash playing. Very good indeed, and I'm glad you liked the backing :)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 8
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
11/08/2006 11:47 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaI really enjoyed that..Great tone too!...I could have sworn that it was Slash playing.

Thx...and actually the clean tone in the intro/outro was the same as the rest, just changed to neck pup and dialed it down...worked well I think, and no hassle!
Now mistaking me for Slash is ridiculous...although I have been listening to Velvet Revolver recently. Hmm. :D

Now that I've heard everyone, I'm in fact going with yours Eric. Great tones, nice melody, and killer transitions. Everything fit in the groove of the song. Actually I liked listening to everyone's...great takes all around, but only one vote.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.