View post (GT Layout sprucing.)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/01/2006 2:18 am
Ever since I joined the site I've been changing my profile pics to cartoon characters for certain holidays. I was gonna put up a weird pic of myself for halloween too this year but kinda avoided it cause we've been making so many changes lately involved in improving the professionalism of the site, I didn't wanna offend anybody.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but some of the fun seems to have gone outa the site since we started the subscriber based system. I rarely kid around on my lesson pages anymore, and constantly watch what I say in the forums.
Maybe we could do with a little 'lightening' up in certain areas. Obviously, not enough to offend subscribers or offend or alienate people.. but the idea of doing the weird pic thing on holidays or changing colors for halloween or xmas sounds like fun. When I think of it, it's stuff like that that attracts me to sites like Google. They provide an amazing service yet they still retain that sense of humour and playfulness they had when they first started.