GT Layout sprucing.

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/31/2006 8:41 pm
It occured to me that it would be cool, that on some holidays that the GT colors would change from the burgandy to whatever fits the bill. Like today would be black and orange.

Or instead of changing all the colors. Incorporate something into the logo on the top left that would change according to a holiday, kinda like how google does it.

Just a thought.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
10/31/2006 9:16 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccIt occured to me that it would be cool, that on some holidays that the GT colors would change from the burgandy to whatever fits the bill. Like today would be black and orange.

Or instead of changing all the colors. Incorporate something into the logo on the top left that would change according to a holiday, kinda like how google does it.

Just a thought.

that sounds like fun.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/01/2006 2:18 am
Ever since I joined the site I've been changing my profile pics to cartoon characters for certain holidays. I was gonna put up a weird pic of myself for halloween too this year but kinda avoided it cause we've been making so many changes lately involved in improving the professionalism of the site, I didn't wanna offend anybody.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but some of the fun seems to have gone outa the site since we started the subscriber based system. I rarely kid around on my lesson pages anymore, and constantly watch what I say in the forums.
Maybe we could do with a little 'lightening' up in certain areas. Obviously, not enough to offend subscribers or offend or alienate people.. but the idea of doing the weird pic thing on holidays or changing colors for halloween or xmas sounds like fun. When I think of it, it's stuff like that that attracts me to sites like Google. They provide an amazing service yet they still retain that sense of humour and playfulness they had when they first started.
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/01/2006 2:23 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeI dunno... maybe it's just me, but some of the fun seems to have gone outa the site since we started the subscriber based system.

I couldn't agree more!

If I can find the time, I'd be glad to help with throwing in some seasonal graphics and such. Some ideas on how you would need the graphics would help though.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/01/2006 5:22 am
I'm intrested on how April Fools would turn out. :rolleyes:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
11/01/2006 8:54 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya
If I can find the time, I'd be glad to help with throwing in some seasonal graphics and such. Some ideas on how you would need the graphics would help though.

Changing all the colors is a big job (that's why you dont' see sites doing that much).

How about adding some holiday cheer to the logo image:

http://www.guitartricks.com/assets/images/logo_gt.jpg
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 6
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/01/2006 9:55 pm
I'll see what I can come up with.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 7
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/01/2006 9:57 pm
November is Thanksgiving time, maybe a turkey walking around up there or something like that.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
# 8
acapella
acapella
11/02/2006 6:14 pm
Oh yeah, I forgot you Statesies have Thanksgiving this month. We already had it in October, all we get this month is Remembrance Day. You could combine the two. Have, like, a turkey and...poppies...or something...is Remembrance Day a holiday?
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 9
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/02/2006 9:55 pm
Originally Posted by: acapellaOh yeah, I forgot you Statesies have Thanksgiving this month. We already had it in October, all we get this month is Remembrance Day. You could combine the two. Have, like, a turkey and...poppies...or something...is Remembrance Day a holiday?

What exactly are you remembering???

Myspace
# 10
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
11/03/2006 1:19 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccWhat exactly are you remembering???

I think you guys (or as PRS would say y'all) call it Veteran's Day... We remember all the soldier's that have died for our freedom.. 11 month, 11 day, 11 hour... and we wear poppies as a symbol of rememberance.. from the poem.. In Flander's Field.

Rememberance day in Canada is not the same as other stat holidays.. this particular day has its own Act in our legislation..

And there is your little Canadian lesson for the day...In Flander's Fields
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.