Quetion about Fernandes Ravelle Elite

Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
09/26/2006 4:10 am
I reckon I should heft one, but before I go out of my way to do that...

...is the neck as impossibly fat as a Les Paul?

If I play a Les Paul, my hand cramps up after about ten seconds. Just nothing doing. I even dislike Strat necks unless it's the slimmed down AmerDeluxe version. I also dislike Telecasters because they get too fat towards the heel for me to do very much above the twelfth fret.

The Fernandes Ravelle Elite is the same... uhhhhh... kinda thing as the LP. Mahogny body w/ maple top, mahogony set neck, HH pups, and so forth. And then there's that neat-o sustainer.

What's the neck on it like? For any guitar, the neck is always what makes or breaks it for me. It can be the best custom-made guitar on the face of the planet, but if the neck's too fat or weird, I'll hate it.

Ideally, I like my necks slim and fast. People tell me that Parker and Ibanez are good for that... but I really like the description of the Ravelle Elite.

Also, I can handle 25.5 scale, but I like the shorter scale (like on an LP) for doing weird chords near to the headstock. Is there any guitar that has the shorter scale together with a slim fast neck?
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.