alternative to traditional songwriting

waylonfairbanks
waylonfairbanks
09/24/2006 5:31 am
hello, first off, please comment on this thread/lesson to tell me what you think. also, this perception of songwriting produces more profound deep poetic jim morrison vibes and will only work if you (consider yourself an "intellectual" with words.

ok, first off set the mood, meditate, eat shrooms, read a thought provoking book, light some incense, whatever. then write a free verse poem on anything, though i find it hard to write a poem based off imagery but what ever. personally i like to write them on the doors of perception, and the wall of reality that has doors you can travel, but anything you honestly dig and believe in will work. dont edit the poem, just stick it under your bed or where ever and dont look at it for about 3 days. then try to recreate the enviorment you were in when you wrote it and relax and then get a pen and paper and try to capture the essance of the vibes when you wrote it, and write about your reaction to reading the poem, the deja voo from it or what ever you are feeling, come in touch with your sense and produce your true thoughts. then write about five 4 line verses and then write a chorus about writing the first paragraphs.

try it, tell me the goods bads and weather you think this is some crazy stupid theroy coming from a 14 year old dumb hippy or if you think its great, but please leave a comment, its easy to sign up, and i want feedback.

waylon fairbanks,14
# 1
speedpicker88
speedpicker88
09/27/2006 11:36 pm
the way i see it...every person has there own style and method for writing there lyrics and music. Im a metalhead.. i usually sit there and screw around with the axe for awhile andcome up with a song, not just a riff, but a song that im satisified with, and then over the next day or so, write the lyrics that i think express how im feeling. But before i write the lyrics, i choose what subjet i want the lyrics to be on. such as demanding respect, hate, some girl, some kind of sadness, or slaughtering ur enemies.. Thats just me though..my songs tend to be just a lil violent :D
but it just depends on who and what u are interested in
"Fire, to being whipping dance of the dead, blackened is the end, to being whipping dance of the dead, color our world Blackened."
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.