View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/27/2006 9:55 pm
The "6000 year old earth" idea is simply mans compilation of geneaologies in the bible.Its shaky and obviously does not hold up to the evidence that surrounds us(carbon dating,dinosuar bones and our extremely strange universe in which our planet is like a plankton in the atlantic).

I honestly believe the bible,but its interpretation/translation by fundamentalist scholars is so innapropriate that anyone with a 5th grade reading level can tear it apart.You only have to look at the baptists(and many other "christian" churches)take on the story of "the rich man and lazarus" to see how numb some people are.

The bible is the most solid piece of literature that ive read.It is the most ridiculous piece of literature that ive heard.

There is always talk of "God in the old testament was an ass e.c.t" and understandably,it seems very chaotic/ungodly...this is something ive yet to delve into deeply.Ive always focused on the most heineous of teaching...eternal punishment.Truly the most sadistic belief out there.It topples the holocaust,911 or any tradgety that man has endured if it is to be true(which it most certainly is not....biblically anyway).

So many "level headed" people believe in hell...i'm sure most have never even been burned or thought about such lengthy torture before.I'm positive that they would bring it into question if they could experience their belief for a couple minutes.
Try once,fail twice...