View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

ren
ren
09/23/2006 12:34 pm
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsCould a Muslim please explain to me how rioting, burning churches, and killing a nun serve to repudiate the claim that Islam fosters violence?

I note the irony, and can't explain it either (And I don't meet the criteria above!)

None of the Muslims I know are in any way represented by the 'Muslim Community' portrayed in the media. With my Muslim friends, it would be a bit like this:

Me: "Did you hear what the Pope said about Islam / Mohammed?"
Mate: (Either) "No, but who cares? He can have an opinion" or "Yeah.... meh.... who cares"

I wonder how hard a news crew has to try to find the now standard "angry Mulim rent-a-mob"?

As has doubtless been posted before and will again, people looking for trouble will always find it and put a banner around it. It is a shame that people are that stupid though.... as you say, no reaction at all would have done a better job of proving the Pope wrong.

Also, the guy who shouted down the Home Secretary for being 'Anti-Islamic' and then accused the UK / police with state terrorism and curtailing freedoms this week probably would have got less media coverage had he not been dragged out mid-rant by the police...

It was funny though.... :D

It must be an over-simplification, although I fail to see why.... people just need to calm the **** down....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com